San Francisco, CA
We need the best and brightest researchers to bring their passion, curiosity, and knowledge to help solve the pandemic problems that plague the open-source software ecosystem.
You will be paired up with some of the best engineers and researchers in the Silicon Valley. Our team is comprised of engineers and researchers from prestigious schools including MIT, Stanford, Brown and UC Berkeley, with industry-experience from Google, Facebook, Palantir, Uber, Microsoft, Cisco, and the U.S. Department of Defense.
We are looking for talented researchers, Ph.D. candidates, and practitioners to join us to push the boundaries in the following areas:
- Program analysis
- Software security
- Software mining
- Q: Will I be compensated during my time at r2c?
- A: We financially support fellows, providing a monthly stipend for housing, food, and life’s necessities when you’re away from home. We know the San Francisco Bay Area is expensive and we want to make sure you have everything you need to focus on the deep research problems you are passionate about.
- Q: How long is the fellowship?
- A: Between 1-3 months, depending on the project and scope of work.
- Q: What is the selection criteria?
- A: We are looking for people who have a clear track record in their area of expertise who can collaborate effectively with our team. Our mission is to provide actionable insights to developers, hackers, and researchers so we'll have a strong preference for academics who specialize in one of the research areas outlined above.
- Q: What are the travel requirements?
- A: We are located in downtown San Francisco and we have a strong preference for on-site collaboration. But we are open to making special arrangements for exceptional candidates.
- Q: What are the timelines for the application?
- A: Applications are on a rolling basis. We’re currently prioritizing fellows for the Summer and Fall periods and generally support a single fellow at a time.
- Q: What if I have additional questions?
- A: Please redirect your questions to email@example.com and we'll promptly get back to you.
Applications must include:
- Research Statement
- Resume or CV
- Name of your academic advisor (if applicable)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English and being authorized to work in the US are required.