Head of Biology
Cambridge, MA /
At Reverie Labs, we’re building a kinase-focused drug discovery company from the ground up using computation. We’re a cross-disciplinary team of scientists and engineers using cutting-edge tools to design new medicines.
We are looking for a deeply experienced and passionate head of biology who is excited to leverage the latest advances in biology, chemistry, and computation to rapidly discover new medicines. The ideal candidate has an extensive track record in drug discovery, coupled with a deep knowledge of biology. The head of biology will report to the CEO, and be directly responsible for target selection and validation, assay selection and development, lead optimization strategy, clinical candidate selection, preclinical development, and clinical planning. As head of biology, you will be the chief architect of Reverie's biology team, and be responsible for leading, mentoring, and inspiring passion in your team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading Reverie's efforts to select and validate new kinase targets with large unmet medical need.
- Building a biology team from scratch with huge future growth potential, and mentoring and developing members of your team.
- Selecting, designing, and validating appropriate assays for Reverie's programs using external resources.
- Working alongside Reverie's project teams to design efficient screening cascades.
- Using rigorous scientific evidence to make crucial candidate nomination and program go/no-go decisions alongside chemistry and computational leads.
- Designing and executing appropriate late-stage preclinical and IND-enabling studies on Reverie's late stage assets.
- Defining combination therapy and patient selection strategies for clinical trials and designing and executing studies to evaluate these strategies preclinically.
- You have a Ph.D. in biology (cancer biology or inflammation is a plus) or a related discipline.
- You have at least 10 years of drug discovery and development experience in oncology and/or inflammation.
- You love to set aggressive timelines, hold team members accountable, and move fast while maintaining a high level of scientific rigor.
- You are a thoughtful and experienced manager, and you're excited about building a lean team and working extensively with external CROs to accomplish drug discovery objectives.
- Experience developing kinase inhibitors is a plus.
- You have experience running and analyzing data from a wide variety of different biochemical, cellular, and in vivo assays. Experience with in vivo tumor models is a plus.