Director/Senior Director of Business Development
Cambridge, MA /
At Reverie Labs, we’re building a kinase-focused drug discovery company from the ground up using computation. We’re a cross-disciplinary team of scientists and engineers using cutting-edge tools to design new medicines.
We are looking for a creative business development leader who is excited to forge innovative deals, support Reverie's strategy and computational platform, select targets, and more. The ideal candidate has an extensive track record in business development and is excited to work in a fast-paced, unique environment where we’re willing to riff on or even ignore the traditional business development playbook.
Do the following problems sound like a fun challenge to you? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
- Designing creative collaboration deals that bring long term value for Reverie, and reviewing and finalizing contracts with potential small and large pharmaceutical partners.
- Support Reverie's target selection: you will contribute directly to New Product Planning, including sizing patient markets, talking to key experts in the field to determine target product profiles, and evaluating competitive chemical matter.
- Leading licensing efforts for Reverie’s pipeline of next-generation cancer medicines from start to finish.
- Helping guide the direction of Reverie’s high level corporate strategy including partnerships strategy, strategic financing, and much more.
We don’t have a hard set of background requirements, but generally we most value skills and experience in the following areas:
- You have at least 5 years of business development experience, including experience in oncology.
- You have led the design and negotiation of creative, successful deals between small and large pharmaceutical companies, from either side of the table (preferably both!).
- You have a strong scientific background, and aren’t afraid of getting into the weeds on the science and technology surrounding a deal or target.
- You have excellent communication skills, and thrive on collaborating with a multi-disciplinary group of scientists, BD professionals, and executives.
- You have an extensive network of BD professionals and scientists at companies large and small, and you are excited to attend conferences science and partnering-focused alike.
Finally, we base our employment decisions entirely on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications—we do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, parental status, personal beliefs, veteran status, age, or any other status. We have zero tolerance for any kind of discrimination, and we are looking for candidates who share those values. Applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups are particularly welcomed.