Director, Medicinal Chemistry
Cambridge, MA /
At Reverie Labs, we’re building a pharmaceutical company from the ground up using computation. We’re a cross-disciplinary team of scientists and machine learning researchers using cutting-edge tools to design new medicines.
We are looking for a medicinal chemistry leader with experience driving structure-based design programs. You will play a central role in bringing compounds to the clinic, by managing a team of in-house and CRO-based chemists and chemistry resources. You will work closely with computational and experimental scientists to incorporate your knowledge into Reverie’s computational tools and compound designs. Basically, we want to use computational tools to give you superpowers. From hit-finding to lead optimization to candidate selection, you will work closely with the entire Reverie team to design and optimize potential new medicines.
Here is the background we’re looking for:
- Ph.D. in Chemistry or a related field.
- 7 or more years of experience doing medicinal chemistry in a pharmaceutical or biotech environment.
- Experience managing CROs to accomplish synthesis and in vitro and in vivo evaluation of small molecules.
- Experience solving difficult multi-parameter optimization problems in drug discovery, involving ADMET, potency, and selectivity -- you see the whole picture, not just one property of a particular compound.
- Experience bringing small molecules from discovery into the clinic, and the publications and patents to tell some of those stories.
- Experience or readiness to lead a team of in-house and CRO chemists.
- Experience developing brain-penetrant small molecules is particularly valuable but not required.
- Experience developing kinase inhibitors is particularly valuable but not required.
We’re looking for a great drug-hunter. We base our employment decisions entirely on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications—we do not discriminate based on age, race, gender, religion, health, parental status, veteran status, or any other status. We have zero tolerance for any kind of discrimination, and we are looking for candidates who share those values. Applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups are particularly welcomed.