Drug Discovery Project Leader
Cambridge, MA /
At Reverie Labs, we’re building a pharmaceutical company from the ground up using computation. We’re a team of engineers and machine learning researchers using a broad set of cutting-edge tools to design new medicines.
We’re looking for a seasoned, highly self-motivated project leader to lead one or more preclinical drug discovery projects at Reverie. This individual will have the chance to leverage Reverie’s cutting edge kinase-focused platform and world-class team of scientists to solve multi-objective optimization problems that will result in massive patient impact. This individual will collaborate with a wide range of world-class scientists, including computational chemists, machine learning scientists, medicinal chemists, clinical development experts, and more, to take drug discovery programs from target selection to candidate nomination. We’re looking for someone with a drug hunter mindset who will push aggressive timelines to get programs from idea to clinic.
- Provide leadership for one or more small molecule drug discovery projects.
- Clearly communicate project strategic needs with Reverie’s senior leadership.
- Leverage assay results and Reverie’s computational tools to make data-driven decisions.
- In collaboration with the other project team members, construct a comprehensive program strategy spanning computational modeling, medicinal chemistry, DMPK, and biology.
- Work with Reverie’s program managers to efficiently organize and execute the program strategy, including holding team members accountable for timelines.
- Manage project resources including biology and chemistry CROs.
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience in biology, chemistry, or another relevant discipline and 4 or more years of industry experience in small molecule drug discovery, including at least 2 years of program leadership.
- Strong knowledge of medicinal chemistry, ADMET / DMPK, in-vitro / in-vivo pharmacology, and toxicology, sufficient to hold discipline specific experts accountable and make a broad range of decisions.
- Excitement about thinking outside the box to accelerate program timelines, including working closely with computational scientists.
- Strong track record of leading programs and delivering on aggressive timelines in preclinical development.
- Clinical development experience is a plus but not required.
- Experience in oncology or autoimmunity is a plus but not required.
We base our employment decisions entirely on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications—we do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, parental status, personal beliefs, veteran status, age, or any other status. We have zero tolerance for any kind of discrimination, and we are looking for candidates who share those values. Applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups are particularly welcomed.