Scientist / Senior Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry
Cambridge, MA /
At Reverie Labs, we’re building a pharmaceutical company from the ground up using computation. We’re a cross-disciplinary team of scientists and machine learning researchers using cutting-edge tools to design new medicines.
We are looking for a self-motivated medicinal chemist with a strong background in structure-based design. You will play a central role in bringing compounds to the clinic, by working with computational and experimental scientists to incorporate your knowledge into Reverie’s computational tools and compound designs. Basically, we want to use computational tools to give you superpowers. From hit-finding to lead optimization to candidate selection, you will work closely with the entire Reverie team to design and optimize potential new medicines.
Here is the background we’re looking for:
- Ph.D. in Chemistry or a related field.
- Two or more years of experience doing medicinal chemistry in a pharmaceutical or biotech environment.
- Experience managing CROs to accomplish synthesis and in vitro and in vivo evaluation of small molecules.
- Experience solving difficult multi-parameter optimization problems in drug discovery, involving ADMET, potency, and selectivity.
- Experience developing brain-penetrant small molecules is particularly valuable but not required.
- Experience developing kinase inhibitors is particularly valuable but not required.
We’re looking for a great drug-hunter. We base our employment decisions entirely on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications—we do not discriminate based on age, race, gender, religion, health, parental status, veteran status, or any other status. We have zero tolerance for any kind of discrimination, and we are looking for candidates who share those values. Applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups are particularly welcomed.