Senior Software Engineer, Infrastructure
Cambridge, MA /
At Reverie Labs, we’re building a pharmaceutical company from the ground up using computation—we’re a biotech company that looks and feels like a tech company.
We’re looking for Senior Infrastructure/Platform Engineers to expand our data platform and enable high-throughput modeling and inference workflows that will accelerate our mission of designing life-saving treatments for patients. Our infrastructure engineers will work side-by-side with our machine learning engineers, computational chemists, and medicinal chemists to achieve drug discovery objectives. We are looking for a mission-driven individual that is capable of rapidly bringing ideas from 0 to 1 and is eager to apply infrastructure development skills to developing medicines.
Do the following problems sound like a fun challenge to you? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
- Expanding cloud-based tooling entirely through infrastructure as code via Terraform
- Building monitoring tools on a production AWS-based Kubernetes deployment for large scale training, inference, and physics-simulation pipelines
- Designing serving infrastructure to serve billions of predictions for machine learning models via Kubernetes on Amazon Web Services
- Architecting and building cloud-based data lakes along with APIs to power machine learning models, visualization tools, and chemistry software
- Expanding continuous integration and delivery tools to build new Docker containers, deploy updated models, and distribute code via Github Workflows on self-hosted runners
We don’t have a hard set of background requirements, but generally we most value skills and experience in the following areas:
- Infrastructure as Code: Strong experience using Terraform to manage cloud resources in AWS or Google Cloud
- Containerization: Experience managing a scalable, highly available, cost-optimizing production Kubernetes cluster and Docker build system. ML-specific experience not required or expected
- Monitoring/Observability: The ideal candidate will be obsessed with making reliable infrastructure and software via observability and monitoring tooling, automated builds, expansive testing, and creating stable stage/prod environments.
- We are ideally looking for folks with 3+ years of industry experience, but we are open to strong applicants of any background level.
- Most importantly, an eagerness to learn new skills, wear many hats, and collaborate closely with a growing team of people.
Finally, we base our employment decisions entirely on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications—we do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, parental status, personal beliefs, veteran status, age, or any other status. We have zero tolerance for any kind of discrimination, and we are looking for candidates who share those values. Applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups are particularly welcomed.