Senior Backend Engineer
Revfluence solves the massive problem that faces every consumer business of how to produce, track and optimize branded content across the web. The platform makes the process of collaborating with photographers, models and other creatives more seamless and scalable than ever before while also providing the infrastructure to constantly learn and target the right content for the right person through the right channel. Founded in 2014, Revfluence is a fast growing Series A funded startup backed by investors in Domo, Marketo, Dropbox, Google, and Uber.
We're growing fast and want to bring on great people that want to tackle this challenge to our hard working and passionate team!
We're looking for a talented and experienced engineer that can meet our high technical bar, wants to take over the backend of the platform, and is a great fit for our open, driven, and collaborative team culture. Join our small but growing engineering, design and product teams by making a significant impact as we tackle challenging problems and innovate for great brands and talented content creators across the world!
As a Senior Backend Engineer at Revfluence, you'll be responsible for:
- Building and architecting backend frameworks and components to add support for new product features and functionality
- Working on making the codebase maintainable, modular, extensible and well tested to support our growing team of engineers
- Maintaining both private and public APIs
- Extending infrastructure to store and analyze large amounts of data
- Optimizing performance at the application layer
- Ensuring good deployment practices are always in place
- Implementing standards and best practices for security, data privacy, and to improve and maintain code quality
- Taking ownership of a major part of the codebase and shipping code regularly!
What we're looking for from you:
- A smart and driven developer that is motivated to build a great codebase
- Great communication skills and a desire to collaborate with the team
- Experience with Python and one of Django or Google App Engine, or enough experience to show you can quickly become an expert
- Technical degree (though brilliant dropouts are welcome!)
- Attention to detail while still being able to move quickly
- Understanding of general software design patterns and industry best practices
- An obsession with uptime and code correctness
- Deep experience with building web applications
- An understanding of database design and performance
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience with enterprise software, marketing and advertising tech, e-commerce products, or photo and video content creation
- Have previous experience working at startup
- Are willing and able to work full stack when developing application features
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible Unlimited Vacation Policy
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance + 401(k)
- Office entertainment allowance
- Education credit perk
- Weekly team lunch and happy hour
- Commuter benefits
- Dog friendly office
- Convenient location in downtown SF’s financial district near Market Street
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with creative and dedicated people!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.