Data – Product · Data
ABOUT THE TEAM
Data sits at the heart of Revolut and plays a uniquely crucial role in what we do. With data we build intelligent real-time systems to personalise our product, tackle financial crime, automate reporting, track team performances and enhance customer experiences.
Fundamentally, data underpins all operations at Revolut and being part of the team gives you the chance to have a major impact across the company – apply today to join our world class data department.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As data engineers, it is our goal to ensure that every question at Revolut can be answered by anyone in the organisation using SQL.
What you'll be doing:
- Maintaining and enhancing our core data infrastructure and ETL framework.
- Developing and owning core tools, frameworks, and methodologies.
- Developing with an emphasis on scale, reusability, and simplicity.
- Complementing our data scientists by providing a reliable, secure, and maintainable modelling framework.
- Guarding code quality and fighting technical debt across the whole company.
- Mentoring, leading and scaling our data teams.
WHAT SKILLS YOU’LL NEED
- You are self-disciplined. We hate micromanagement, and assume you do too.
- You can communicate concisely and effectively.
- You're a team player. Working in our team is a continuous process of learning and teaching.
- You are pragmatically lazy. If it can be automated, it will be automated.
- You are proactive. Taking initiative is hard, but we always recognise and reward it.
- You are fluent in Python. We primarily use Python 3.7.
- You are deeply knowledgeable of some flavour of SQL.
- You have experience with real-time data frameworks -related services such as Kafka or Flink.
- You have experience with CI/CD - Docker experience is essential.
- You are comfortable on the command-line and working with servers.
- You have worked with cloud-based infrastructure such as GCP
- Knowledge of other languages and an understanding of their perspectives.
- Being Postgres-native.
- Experience with an MPP or columnar database. We use BigQuery and Exasol here.
- Extensive use of Kubernetes, Helm, or other orchestration related tools.
- Use of config-as-code or infra-as-code tools such as ansible or Terraform.
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our four core values: we Never Settle, we Get It Done because we Think Deeper and we’re Stronger Together. You’re the kind of person who wants to join a community of forward-thinking people, all personally and professionally invested in Revolut’s mission. You thrive in a collaborative space where everyone’s learning from each other, and learning fast. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
• Competitive salary
• Biannual equity bonuses
• All the latest tech you need
• Skip the commute and work from home once a week
• Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
• Pension plan
• Private health insurance
• Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
• Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
• Rest up with 29 days’ holiday per year