General Manager - Spain
Ireland – Services · Ireland · Compliance /
About the team
Since 2015, Revolut has introduced over 13 million customers to a new way to handle their money. From instant spending notifications and built-in budgeting controls, to global currency exchange and stock trading, customers simply get more with Revolut. Revolut Payments Ireland Limited (RPIL) services our customers with a great e-money product for our European markets.
About the role
As a General Manager you will be tasked to define and execute local strategy assuming end to end responsibilities for country PnL.
You'll be responsible for:
• Business Planning & Execution: Set Targets and KPIs, Define roadmap (key initiatives), Plan Budgets Determine resources required, Competitor intelligence, etc.
• Growth & Marketing: deploying allocated budget, monitoring execution across channels, establishing local partnerships and managing local PR
• Operations: Monitoring ongoing issues and working with the Growth Operations team to fix them
• Managing on-the-ground team: hiring and developing local team
• Branch Management: Establishing and maintaining strong branch governance structure, processes and accountability to maintain a regulatory compliant business
What You’ll Need
• At least 2+ years experience in a general manager position (or equivalent) in a fast growing startup leading operations at country level
• Previous responsibilities to include PnL ownership across multiple products, building and managing high-performing teams, driving commercial strategy and establishing robust processes
• Prior experience in either retail banking or fin-tech environments
• Demonstrable experience of building a business line from a low base
• Strong network in the local market in which your branch operates (eg governments and regulators)
• Native speaker/national of the branch you are responsible for
We believe that there are better ways for people to control their money. Easier, fairer ways. Revolut started in 2015 with card transactions abroad without rubbish exchange rates or hidden fees. We've since added business accounts, vaults, insurance and even access to cryptocurrency exposure. We reached 10 million customers as we rolled into 2020 and we're adding another million every quarter.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our four core values: we Never Settle, we Get It Done because we Think Deeper and we’re Stronger Together. You’re the kind of person who wants to join a community of forward-thinking people, all personally and professionally invested in Revolut’s mission. You thrive in a collaborative space where everyone’s learning from each other, and learning fast. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.