Backend Engineer - Revolut for Business
Technology – Product · Business · Core
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our Technology team is one of the best in the business and is the driving force behind Revolut’s platform. From building a new banking backend to creating an award-winning app, our tech team is at the heart of everything we do.
Working in Technology at Revolut is not about fixing legacy systems – it is about building world-class financial products from the ground up that will be used by millions. We’ve hired some of the most talented developers out there to help us do this – and we want you to join them.
Revolut for Business is a business account platform for domestic and international payments, designed to save SMEs time and money. We have thousands of businesses signing up every day. We are expanding Revolut for Business products as well as scaling globally.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Backend Engineer to sit within Revolut for Business cross-functional teams (with Product Owners, Designers, and Frontend Developers) at our offices based in Vilnius.
We’ve hired some of the most talented engineers and designers that the world of tech has to offer, and we’re keen to showcase their talent to the world - and that’s where you come in.
What you'll be doing
• The work will focus mostly on greenfield development and improvement of existing systems.
• Projects will include building mobile APIs, developing micro services to evolve our architecture to provide world class Revolut for Business products.
• Our technology stack is based predominantly on Java 11 on the backend and React on the frontend.
• We have a minimalist approach to using external frameworks, with emphasis on maintainability and fast turnaround with TDD, DDD and Continuous Integration & Delivery.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
• Fluency with Java
• 3 years (or above) experience in back-end development
• Bachelors Degree (or above) in Computer Science/Maths/Physics/similar
• Quick learner with an ambitious and results driven personality
• Work well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• €70000 - €90000 GROSS per annum
A LITTLE ABOUT US
We believe that there are better ways for people to control their money. Easier, fairer ways.
Revolut started in 2015 with card transactions abroad without rubbish exchange rates or hidden fees. We've since added business accounts, vaults, insurance and even access to cryptocurrency exposure.
We reached 8 million customers in October 2019 and we're adding another million every quarter.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
From employee 1 to employee 1400, you will be slotting into a global team that shares a number of traits.
You can work autonomously and take ownership. We thrive with the space and responsibility to solve problems.
You operate best without lots of bureaucracy. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or clunky processes ‘because that’s how things are done’.
You approach work in a logical way. We are not afraid to make mistakes but we use data and logic to backup decisions and improve understanding.
And you share our mission to improve people’s relationship with their money.
• Competitive salary
• Biannual equity bonuses
• All the latest tech you need
• Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription