Head of Data Science
Multiple – Data Scientist /
ABOUT THE ROLE
We have over 120 Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers and Data Analysts globally, with projects across fraud prevention, anti money laundering, finance, NLP, computer vision, growth, engagement, and customer experience to name a few.
As Head of Data Science for Revolut your mission will be to lead this organisation and define the direction, structure, processes and standards for Data Science across the company, so that every department that relies on data science can benefit from the full potential of the world class AI and ML talent in the team.
You will report to our CEO and become the central point of leadership for this rapidly growing team.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
• Experience building and leading a significant data science team within a scaling organisation
• Bachelor's/Master's/PhD in STEM (Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering)
• Excellent knowledge of data science tools, including, python coding, SQL and production tools.
• Deep understanding of fundamentals of probability and statistics.
• Big picture thinking - correctly diagnosing problems and productionising research.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills to partner with Product Owners and business heads
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our four core values: we Never Settle, we Get It Done because we Think Deeper and we’re Stronger Together. You’re the kind of person who wants to join a community of forward-thinking people, all personally and professionally invested in Revolut’s mission. You thrive in a collaborative space where everyone’s learning from each other, and learning fast. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
• Competitive salary
• Biannual discretionary performance bonus (equity)
• All the latest tech you need
• Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
• Pension plan
• Private health insurance
• Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
• Rest up with 29 days’ holiday per year