Securities Operations Officer (US)
Strategy, Expansion & Product Operations – Services · Expansion · US
A LITTLE ABOUT US 🤔
From clunky apps to hidden fees, banking is broken. So we decided to build a company from the ground that would challenge the bigger players and reinvent how people interact with their money — for the better.
Traditional banks are slow and expensive. Realistically, you’re nothing but a number to them with dollar signs attached. So, one continent at a time, we plan on changing this.
OUR CULTURE 👫
To put it bluntly — it’s about getting shit done and owning what you do. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or set up bureaucratic processes. Instead we treat our people equally, fairly and give them a ton of freedom and autonomy to create something awesome.
We make mistakes, we learn from them and we back everything up with data and logic.
In three years, we’ve grown to over 700 people and we’re adding around 30 new additions each month. From engineers to marketers, we’re on the hunt for exceptional talent to help us scale our business and get Revolut in the hands of millions of people everywhere.
WE LOOK FOR RADICALLY BETTER 🚀
When you join Revolut, it’s not just another job. You’ll have the chance to build something that really matters, with a team that will become like family to you. We’ll give you the freedom and tools to bring your absolute best, and the opportunities will be limitless.
We look for people who apply deep logic to their thinking and back everything up with data. We look for natural self-starters who see things through from start to finish, and who learn from every mistake.
Armed to the teeth with technology, we are diving deeper into the world of traditional banking, showing a lost generation that things can be done better. Things can be different. From tearing down financial borders to mending the broken trust, we are the disruption that is needed.
We are looking for someone who can navigate complex product regulations and develop and implement related compliance actions. This position requires partnering with legal and business teams on proposed actions, and coordinating across multiple teams to use technological tools to implement processes and policies to effectuate those actions. There is a significant project management and operations component to this role. The Regulatory Compliance Manager will ideally sit in New York. This person will work with the Head of Legal (USA) and report to the General Counsel and to the MLRO at Revolut’s London headquarters.
You must have strong prior work experience in a professional setting, a cooperative attitude, and organisational skills. The ability to effectively communicate is essential, both verbally and in writing. The role will require that you be self-motivated to learn the operations and will involve both independent and team work in a fast-paced environment that is constantly changing. You also need great judgment, a sense of humor, and a desire to learn and be curious.
WHAT WE NEED
- Current FINRA Series 7, 24 and 63 licenses.
- Excellent academic and industry credentials.
- At least 3 years of experience at a US broker-dealer.
- Deep understanding of broker dealer operations.
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING ✍️
- Working with the operations and business development resources to launch the Revolut USA Trading Business
- Working with the engineering and product resources to create robust systems and products
- Overseeing general operations and personnel management and training
- Managing filings with state and federal agencies, as well as self-regulatory organisations
- Supervision of trading or market making activities
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR 📖
- Besides strong analytical skills, being process driven and have a methodological way of working, you need to have excellent communication skills (concise and direct) and experience of influencing a broad range of decision makers and stakeholders
- Substantive knowledge and demonstrated expertise in the U.S. regulatory environment
- Excellent business judgment, communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm for taking on new responsibilities, even if outside areas of expertise
- Able to learn new regulations quickly.- Able to work in extremely fast-paced environment, collaboratively, and autonomously
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Written and spoken fluency in English required
- Willing to take on new challenges
You’ll get to work in one of the hottest and fastest growing tech startups in the world right now
We’ll arm you with all of the latest tech equipment
Competitive 401(k) plan.
Free Revolut Metal subscription
Please only submit an application for one posting.