Head of Accounting
Finance – Services · Finance · Accounting
A LITTLE ABOUT US 🤔
From clunky apps to hidden fees, banking is broken. So we decided to build a company from the ground that would challenge the bigger players and reinvent how people interact with their money — for the better.
Traditional banks are slow and expensive. Realistically, you’re nothing but a number to them with dollar signs attached. So, one continent at a time, we plan on changing this.
OUR CULTURE 👫
To put it bluntly — it’s about getting shit done and owning what you do. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or set up bureaucratic processes. Instead we treat our people equally, fairly and give them a ton of freedom and autonomy to create something awesome.
We make mistakes, we learn from them and we back everything up with data and logic.
In three years, we’ve grown to over 700 people and we’re adding around 30 new additions each month. From engineers to marketers, we’re on the hunt for exceptional talent to help us scale our business and get Revolut in the hands of millions of people everywhere.
WHAT WE NEED 🚀
We are looking for an independent and result-oriented Head of Finance who will report to the CFO. Ideally, you will have experience working in the finance function of a bank. You will be responsible for accounting, tax, regulatory reporting, reconciliations and FP&A teams. You will ensure the Finance function at Revolut is structured such that it allows the company to continue to grow in a fast but controlled manner. As part of the Finance team you will provide vision and ideas, and will tackle any problem that may arise as well as have the ability to roll your sleeves up and get involved.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING ✍️
• Aligning the goals and vision of all aspects of the business from a finance perspective
• Management accounting, financial reporting and providing commercial and operational management information to support rapid global expansion.
• Overseeing day-to-day running of finance
• Understanding each country's financial performance, risks and financial management
• Identifying and implementing process improvements to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting process
• Assisting in the tax and regulatory reporting requirements of local entities
• Assisting in building a scalable and efficient global accounting and finance function
• Providing support during the annual audit process ensuring a timely and effective audit
WHAT SKILLS YOU’LL NEED 📖
• 8+ years’ experience in finance functions, ideally with experience of working in Financial Control for a small bank.
• Chartered Accountant (ACA or equivalent), trained in a reputable practice
• Deep understanding of bank’s balance sheet, key regulatory ratios, accounting of securities portfolios, loans and hedge accounting principles
• Be able to build a bank P&L model from scratch
• Strong accounting knowledge, with proven experience in applying IFRS 9 in a banking environment
• Excellent attention to detail with the ability to unravel complex accounting queries
• Positive attitude: 'Can do' approach and willing to give everything a go from manual processing to larger projects
• Excellent organisation skills: ability to plan and organise work so that it is efficient and effective. Strategic planning
• Experience with equity and debt capital planning
• Financial performance optimisation
• Strong IT skills at managing compliant financial systems
• Managing global entities forecasting
• Experience in growing and managing teams
• Good punctuality and time management skills
• Experience in accounting software migration (a plus)
You’ll get to work in one of the hottest and fastest growing tech startups in the world right now
We’ll arm you with all of the latest tech equipment
Competitive salary & equity
Private pension plan
Free Revolut Metal subscription
Free dinners with Deliveroo
Fresh juice & soda all day long