Principal Software Engineer (Backend)
About Rewind 👋
At Rewind, we are building out personalized AI powered by everything you've seen, said, or heard. We believe personalized AI will unlock the potential of human productivity. Rewind records anything you’ve seen, said, or heard and makes it searchable. For your privacy, we store all of the recordings locally on your device and only you have access to them.
The product we have today is just the first step toward our audacious vision of giving humans perfect memory. We have raised over $35m from top-tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, First Round Capital, Moxxie Ventures, Sam Altman, Elad Gil, and Alexis Ohanian to help make that vision a reality.
Why Rewind 👀
Working at Rewind will be the most impactful job of your life. Our team is small and everyone plays a huge role. The work you’ll do will have tremendous impact on not just our company, but how the world works: making forgetting a thing of the past.
With this audacious goal comes a lot of company growth. And as the company grows, so will you. We will support you in building a career that energizes and fulfills you: giving you opportunities so that you can do the best work of your career. But don't just take our word for it, look at our track record. Our founding team has previously built Optimizely: a $120M annual revenue recurring business with 450 employees which was voted the #1 Best Place to Work.
- Health insurance: best-in-class healthcare for employees and dependents. Includes vision and dental.
- Top-of-market compensation: we strive to offer top-of-market salary and equity.
- Flexible vacation: we want you to take the time you need to rest and relax.
- Employee-friendly equity terms: we offer an extended exercise window and early exercise for any options offered.
- Remote first: we have team members all over the U.S. and everyone is treated equally regardless of location.
- 401(k) plan: for US employees we offer a 401(k) plan with company matching.
- Office reimbursement: prefer working from an office? We provide a WeWork membership or reimbursement.
- Parental leave: we offer all parents 12 weeks of paid time off to spend time with their new family.
- Quarterly retreats: we have offsites quarterly to bring everyone together. Past retreats include Seattle, Breckenridge, Calistoga & Mexico.
- Choose your gear: we equip everyone with a new top-of-the-line laptop with all the upgrades.
Why we need you ✨
- Growth and Scalability: Your backend development expertise is essential for scaling our systems and ensuring robust performance as we expand our services and customer base.
- Innovation: Utilize our tech stack to contribute to innovative solutions, helping us maintain a competitive edge.
- Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams to develop seamless, efficient, and scalable backend solutions, directly impacting our product’s success.
What will be your responsibilities 📓
- Develop and Maintain: Build, test, and maintain scalable and robust backend systems, ensuring optimal performance and reliability.
- Integrate APIs: Work with 3rd party APIs and internal services, creating seamless integrations to enhance our product offerings.
- Collaboration and Problem-Solving: Collaborate with frontend developers, designers, and user research to troubleshoot issues, optimize processes, and deliver high-quality solutions.
What will help you be successful 👏
- Technical Proficiency: Demonstrated experience with Typescript, Python, C++, Rust, Postgres, and familiarity with Docker and Web Assembly.
- Resourcefulness and Ownership: A proactive approach to challenges, taking full ownership of your work and utilizing resourcefulness to devise innovative solutions.
- Effective Communication: Strong communication skills for articulating ideas clearly, collaborating efficiently, and providing constructive feedback.
- Strong Technical Depth: A deep understanding of backend technologies and architectures, with the ability to make sound technical decisions and drive innovation.
Internally we aren't fixated on titles & levels since that can lead to needless hierarchy that distracts from the team's collective success. We recognize that not all companies operate that way so we say "Senior / Staff / Principal" to indicate we want people with substantial amounts of experience.
If you're interested in this job, we strongly encourage you to apply: we'd love to see you on our team working toward our audacious vision of giving humans perfect memory.