Principal Software Engineer (React)
About Rewind 👋
At Rewind, we are building out personalized AI powered by everything you've seen, said, or heard. We believe personalized AI will unlock the potential of human productivity. Rewind records anything you’ve seen, said, or heard and makes it searchable. For your privacy, we store all of the recordings locally on your device and only you have access to them.
The product we have today is just the first step toward our audacious vision of giving humans perfect memory. We have raised over $35m from top-tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, First Round Capital, Moxxie Ventures, Sam Altman, Elad Gil, and Alexis Ohanian to help make that vision a reality.
Why Rewind 👀
Working at Rewind will be the most impactful job of your life. Our team is small and everyone plays a huge role. The work you’ll do will have tremendous impact on not just our company, but how the world works: making forgetting a thing of the past.
With this audacious goal comes a lot of company growth. And as the company grows, so will you. We will support you in building a career that energizes and fulfills you: giving you opportunities so that you can do the best work of your career. But don't just take our word for it, look at our track record. Our founding team has previously built Optimizely: a $120M annual revenue recurring business with 450 employees which was voted the #1 Best Place to Work.
- Health insurance: best-in-class healthcare for employees and dependents. Includes vision and dental.
- Top-of-market compensation: we strive to offer top-of-market salary and equity.
- Flexible vacation: we want you to take the time you need to rest and relax.
- Employee-friendly equity terms: we offer an extended exercise window and early exercise for any options offered.
- Remote first: we have team members all over the U.S. and everyone is treated equally regardless of location.
- 401(k) plan: for US employees we offer a 401(k) plan with company matching.
- Office reimbursement: prefer working from an office? We provide a WeWork membership or reimbursement.
- Parental leave: we offer all parents 12 weeks of paid time off to spend time with their new family.
- Quarterly retreats: we have offsites quarterly to bring everyone together. Past retreats include Seattle, Breckenridge, Calistoga & Mexico.
- Choose your gear: we equip everyone with a new top-of-the-line laptop with all the upgrades.
Why we need you ✨
- User Experience Champion: Utilize your expertise in React to elevate our codebase, ensuring robustness, efficiency, and scalability as we grow.
- Product Innovation: Contribute to the development of innovative features and improvements, helping to shape the future of our product.
- Collaboration: Work seamlessly with frontend and backend engineers, playing a crucial role in implementing consistent and high-quality solutions.
What will be your responsibilities 📓
- Feature Development: Develop and implement visually appealing and user-friendly interfaces with beautiful and scalable UI components.
- Performance and Scalability: Optimize web applications for maximum speed, scalability, and maintainability, ensuring a responsive and efficient user experience.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Work closely with designers to translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code, contribute to product strategy discussions, and work closely with other developers. Share your expertise to continually level up our team and best practices.
What will help you be successful 👏
- Resourcefulness and Ownership: The ability to take initiative, solve complex problems, and take full ownership of your work.
- Effective Communication: Strong communication skills to effectively collaborate with team members, share knowledge, and contribute to a positive development environment.
- Attention to Detail: A keen eye for design aesthetics and user experience, ensuring that the final product is not only functional but also visually appealing.
Internally we aren't fixated on titles & levels since that can lead to needless hierarchy that distracts from the team's collective success. We recognize that not all companies operate that way so we say "Senior / Staff / Principal" to indicate we want people with substantial amounts of experience.
If you're interested in this job, we strongly encourage you to apply: we'd love to see you on our team working toward our audacious vision of giving humans perfect memory.