Senior / Staff / Principal QA Engineer
About Rewind 👋
At Rewind, our vision is to give humans perfect memory. We believe a world in which you can easily recall anything you’re looking for unlocks the potential of human productivity. That’s why we built Rewind: the search engine for your life. It’s a macOS app that records anything you’ve seen, said, or heard and makes it searchable. For your privacy, we store all of the recordings locally on your Mac and only you have access to them. Instead of spending hours searching in different tools for that piece of information you desperately need, you can now find what you’re looking for in seconds with Rewind.
The product we have today is just the first step toward our audacious vision of giving humans perfect memory. We have raised over $15m from top-tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, First Round Capital, Moxxie Ventures, Sam Altman, Elad Gil, and Alexis Ohanian to help make that vision a reality.
Why Rewind 👀
Working at Rewind will be the most impactful job of your life. Our team is small and everyone plays a huge role. The work you’ll do will have tremendous impact on not just our company, but how the world works: making forgetting a thing of the past.
With this audacious goal comes a lot of company growth. And as the company grows, so will you. We will support you in building a career that energizes and fulfills you: giving you opportunities so that you can do the best work of your career. But don't just take our word for it, look at our track record. Our founding team has previously built Optimizely: a $120M annual revenue recurring business with 450 employees which was voted the #1 Best Place to Work.
- Health insurance: best-in-class healthcare for employees and dependents. Includes vision and dental.
- Top-of-market compensation: we strive to offer top-of-market salary and equity.
- Unlimited vacation: we want you to take the time you need to rest and relax.
- Employee-friendly equity terms: we offer an extended exercise window and early exercise for any options offered.
- Remote first: we have team members all over the U.S. and everyone is treated equally regardless of location.
- 401(k) plan: for US employees we offer a 401(k) plan with company matching.
- Office reimbursement: prefer working from an office? We provide a WeWork membership or reimbursement.
- Parental leave: we offer all parents 12 weeks of paid time off to spend time with their new family.
- Quarterly retreats: we have offsites quarterly to bring everyone together. Past retreats include Seattle, Breckenridge, Calistoga & Mexico.
- Choose your gear: we equip everyone with a new top-of-the-line Apple laptop with all the upgrades.
Why we need you ✨
- Users trust us to help them remember everything they've seen, said, or heard. We need your help ensuring that every experience is delightful for our end users.
What will be your responsibilities 📓
- Plan, develop, and execute test strategy for all product features.
- Implement measurements to determine testing effectiveness and measure the overall quality of the product.
- Contribute ideas and proactively seek new ways to have a positive impact on the product.
What will help you be successful 👏
- High attention to detail.
- Experience in a fast-paced organization.
- Experience building test plans and defining metrics for measuring product quality of consumer software applications.
- Passionate about Rewind as a product and our company mission to give humans perfect memory.
Internally we aren't fixated on titles & levels since that can lead to needless hierarchy that distracts from the team's collective success. We recognize that not all companies operate that way so we say "Senior / Staff / Principal" to indicate we want people with substantial amounts of experience.
If you're interested in this job, we strongly encourage you to apply: we'd love to see you on our team working toward our audacious vision of giving humans perfect memory.