Senior UE4 Programmer
We're on a mission to unite the digital and physical worlds.
We are an immersive design and innovation company. We’re focused on the challenges around uniting the digital and physical worlds and finding solutions that enhance the way we work, play, and relate to each other.
We are working on a groundbreaking and innovative product which will define a new way of working in the emerging landscape of mixed reality and spatial computing.
And we need your help to make it happen.
- Planning, designing and implementing solutions to a broad range of technical problems
- Working with your lead or on your own to define the system plan and scope of the work
- Contributing information and expertise to help plan projects
- Proactively identifying potential project problems and providing possible solutions
- Developing solutions that are simple to read, easy to maintain and easy for other disciplines to interact with
- Communicating with other team members to ensure creative, quality and budgetary goals are met
- Communicating technical issues to non-technical members of staff
- Supporting junior members of staff and helping to mentor and develop the programming talent within the studio
- Contributing to the improvement of working practices on a project and discipline basis
- BSc in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant professional experience
- Advanced knowledge of C++
- A strong understanding of the underlying engine architecture of UE4
- Experience developing tools within UE4 for developers or end-users
- A strong grasp of linear algebra
- A demonstrable understanding of algorithmic performance characteristics
- Familiarity with the render pipeline and authoring workflow
- Good knowledge of VR and AR design principles
- An understanding of performance considerations; able to use a range of profiling and debugging tools to identify and fix performance issues
- A passion for cutting edge technology, and willingness to explore new skills and techniques
Why join us?
We are dedicated to immersive.
It’s not just an add on, it’s the core of our business. You will work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who are literally designing and building the future. Our award-winning team has worked on challenges at the intersection of tech, creative, games, art, film, and design for over eight years.
We are designers, not just builders.
We are obsessed with the user experience. Our technical expertise and creativity allow us to look at challenges in fresh ways to find solutions that offer true value.
Be part of a dynamic team.
We’re talented individuals, but together we have superpowers. We believe that collaboration, curiosity, and creativity combined leads to discovery. We embrace what others would shy away from because we believe in our collective ability.
Work with the latest technology.
We are flexible and nimble enough to take advantage of the latest technology advances and we are tech agnostic, so we always use the best tools for the job.
Join a happy studio.
Each one of us matters and contributes to making REWIND genuine, vibrant, and progressive. We value diverse thinking and perspectives, collaboration, and cooperation and offer a supportive and relaxed environment, in a studio bursting with ideas and ambition.
We look at the small things that make a difference, like (virtual) drinks on a Friday, and free coffee from the local coffee shop. But, we also ensure the big things are in place too, from the highest level of private health care to flexible start and finish times.