Front-End Application Developer, Angular - 2664
Herndon, VA /
Software Engineering /
Reinventing Geospatial (RGi) is a leading geospatial expert working with Defense, Intelligence, and Federal clients to achieve mission success and solutions for varied mission-critical programs. Projects at RGi span a wide range of software and analytical methodologies and lie at the intersection of software development and geospatial intelligence. We work with soldiers and geospatial analysts to produce solutions that allow them to develop better situational understanding of complex operational pictures. We do everything from data collection to UI/UX development and advanced deep learning, using a broad toolset including Python, C#, and ArcGIS. Our projects include cutting-edge R&D efforts, as well as large mission programs incorporating data processing/optimization, data dissemination techniques, visualization, and collaboration across the commercial and government sectors.
RGi is looking for a talented Application Developer that is passionate about technology and the mission of our customers to join our team! This individual will work as an integral part of a software development team translating real-world needs into technical solutions. The ideal candidate is a software engineer passionate about helping to drive our customers’ and company missions forward. The candidate must be self-motivated, a quick learner, and able to balance simultaneous tasks to keep pace with our team of high performers.
- Planning, conducting, and coordinating agile software development activities.
- Designing, developing, documenting, testing, and debugging software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to critical mission issues.
- Applying the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle.
- Applying knowledge of computer hardware and software, subject matter to be programmed in business/mission applications, information processing techniques used, and information gathered from system users to develop software.
- Correcting program errors, compiling documentation of program development, and analyzing system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls.
- Ensuring software standards are defined and met.
- Java development experience
- Proven experience with Angular front-end development
- Ability to troubleshoot and navigate multiple operating system environments including LINUX/Windows
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Proven experience in COTS/FOSS integration and support
- Ability to learn and implement new technologies
Skills We’d Like to See:
- Big data technologies to include: Data Ingest (JSON, Kafka, Microservices, Elastic Search), Analytics (HIVE, SPARK, R, PIG, OOZIE workflows), Elasticsearch, Hadoop (HIVE data, OOZIE, Spark, PIG, IMPALA, HUE), COTS Integration (Knowi, MongoDB, Oracle, MySQL RDS, Elastic, Logstash, Kibana, Zookeeper, Consul, HADOOP/HDFS), Docker and Chef
- Active Top Secret clearance with a willingness and ability to obtain a Ci Polygraph
- US Citizenship required.
Who We Are
Reinventing Geospatial, Inc. (RGi) is a fast-paced small business that has the environment and culture of a start-up, with the stability and benefits of a well-established firm. We solve complex problems within geospatial software development and national defense to make an Immediate Impact for our nation’s soldiers and analysts.
We pride ourselves on giving employees an exceptional life experience, where creativity thrives and challenges are simply part of the fun. We provide truly excellent benefits, including:
• 100% paid employee healthcare & dental insurance
• Paid parental leave
• 401k with matching
• Escalating vacation time
• Referral bonuses
• Tuition reimbursement
• Professional development training
• Free beverages and snacks
• Catered breakfast on Fridays
Reinventing Geospatial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for all positions.