User Interface Developer - 2216
Aurora, CO (Hybrid) /
Software Engineering /
Reinventing Geospatial (RGi) is a leading geospatial expert working with Defense, Intelligence, and Federal clients to achieve mission success and solutions for varied mission-critical programs. Projects at RGi span a wide range of software and analytical methodologies and lie at the intersection of software development and geospatial intelligence. We work with soldiers and geospatial analysts to produce solutions that allow them to develop better situational understanding of complex operational pictures. We do everything from data collection to UI/UX development and advanced deep learning, using a broad toolset including Python, C#, and ArcGIS. Our projects include cutting-edge R&D efforts, as well as large mission programs incorporating data processing/optimization, data dissemination techniques, visualization, and collaboration across the commercial and government sectors.
As a User Interface Developer with RGi you will be working closely with release train engineers and system architects to manage the UI and front-end software development pipeline, integrate the solution, and support end-to-end testing, system reliability, and security. You will be a key member of the development team, doing work that matters for some of the U.S. Government’s most critical missions, and utilizing the latest technologies in Cloud Computing, AI/ML, and DevSecOps.
You will work closely with geographically dispersed stakeholders and development staff while contributing to the design, development, and delivery of new and updated front-end components. Qualified candidates will be asked to think creatively when it comes to designing, developing, integrating, and accrediting a wide breadth of commercial offerings and custom software solutions. Join us and make delivering meaningful, innovative solutions part of your extraordinary career.
- Establish design vision, standards, and best practices to peers and program leadership as a UX champion!
- Work closely with our product owner, software architect, and other team members to design and implement bespoke solutions and/or adapt off-the-shelf solutions to solve tough user challenges while meeting customer needs and requirements
- Employ industry proven design principles and patterns, open-source tools, and personal engineering experience to deliver and integrate a myriad of tools and capabilities for a broad set of users and communities
- Compose solutions that incorporate micro services, containerization, and RESTful Web components – leveraging the DevOps pipelines to drive rapid delivery
- Work in a highly collaborative and rapidly changing environment within a distributed team environment
- Deep understanding of the fundamental concepts and principles to create a good UI/UX
- Ability to design, visualize and communicate the user experience for our products through concepts, maps, diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity visuals and other artifacts.
- Demonstrated ability to capture and understand user workflows and identify improvements that can be incorporated into the UI to provide the optimal user experience
- Ability to ensure applications are intuitive, effective, and deliver the customer value as defined by product management.
- Experience defining design and standards for enterprise use.
- Experience utilizing web frameworks and technologies such as Angular, React, Node.js, npm, webpack, SCSS, etc. (experience with Svelte is a plus)
- Strong understanding of CSS and HTML
Skills We’d Like to See:
- Design Thinking certifications such as those offered through IDEO, Sandford, Cornell, MIT or a host of other organizations
- Proven experience designing for web accessibility (Section 508 standards)
- Ability and interest in educating others on user-centered design best practices
- Demonstrated focus on continuous improvement of systems, software, and processes
- Technical background in software development and/or cloud infrastructure.
- Understanding of agile development practices, including Scrum methodology and SAFe
- Experience working with microservices architectures
- Experience with container technology (e.g. Docker) and orchestration frameworks
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and mentoring skills
- Information Assurance Certification (e.g., Security+)
- TS/SCI with polygraph clearance
- Active Top Secret clearance with a willingness and ability to obtain a Ci Polygraph
- US Citizenship required.
Salary Range: $90,000 - $190,000
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Who We Are
Reinventing Geospatial, Inc. (RGi) is a fast-paced small business that has the environment and culture of a start-up, with the stability and benefits of a well-established firm. We solve complex problems within geospatial software development and national defense to make an Immediate Impact for our nation’s soldiers and analysts.
We pride ourselves on giving employees an exceptional life experience, where creativity thrives and challenges are simply part of the fun. We provide truly excellent benefits, including:
• 100% paid employee healthcare & dental insurance
• Paid parental leave
• 401k with matching
• Escalating vacation time
• Referral bonuses
• Tuition reimbursement
• Professional development training
• Free beverages and snacks
• Catered breakfast on Fridays
Reinventing Geospatial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for all positions.