Software Engineer - 2403
Software Engineering /
Full time /
Reinventing Geospatial (RGi) is a leading geospatial expert working with Defense, Intelligence, and Federal clients to achieve mission success and solutions for varied mission-critical programs. Projects at RGi span a wide range of software and analytical methodologies and lie at the intersection of software development and geospatial intelligence. We work with soldiers and geospatial analysts to produce solutions that allow them to develop better situational understanding of complex operational pictures. We do everything from data collection to UI/UX development and advanced deep learning, using a broad toolset including Python, C#, and ArcGIS. Our projects include cutting-edge R&D efforts, as well as large mission programs incorporating data processing/optimization, data dissemination techniques, visualization, and collaboration across the commercial and government sectors.
RGi is looking for a talented Software Engineer that is passionate about technology and who is motived to help drive our customers’ and company mission forward. This individual will be a key member of a software development team translating real-world needs into technical solutions. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, a quick learner, and able to balance simultaneous tasks while delivering quality results.
- Coordinate and perform requirements, implementation analysis, design, development, testing and enhancement of application software
- Responsible for using best practices, such as unit test integration, to ensure high code quality standards are met
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or other related analytical, scientific, or technical discipline
- Strong understanding and experience with Solr & Java
- Strong understanding of AWS cloud infrastructure
- Demonstrable CentOS command line knowledge, and working knowledge of RESTful APIs
- Working knowledge of agile lifecycle management tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- A minimum of 1 year of experience designing and implementing automated build and deployment pipelines and supporting platform
- Programming and software development including analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, maintenance, quality assurance, troubleshooting and/or upgrading of software systems
- Using Solr to include ingest, management, & tuning.
- Using Java and Spring frameworks to develop enterprise applications
- Working with testing frameworks and tools, designing and implementing automated build and deployment pipelines and supporting platforms, and working with source code repositories/Git.
5+ years of related experience, including:
Skills We’d Like to See:
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of foundational ETL concepts & COTS/FOSS ETL tools.
- Back-end Java, Solr, JSON, XML/DOM/XSLT, Maven/Gradle, GIT, Micro services and RESTFUL API architecture, NiFi
- Working understanding of HBase, WebHDFS, and Apache Zookeeper.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification (Sec +)
- Experience with Apache Hadoop and ETL
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- US Citizenship required
Who we are:
Reinventing Geospatial, Inc. (RGi) is a fast-paced small business that has the environment and culture of a start-up, with the stability and benefits of a well-established firm. We solve complex problems within geospatial software development and national defense to make an Immediate Impact for our nation’s soldiers and analysts.
We pride ourselves on giving employees an exceptional life experience, where creativity thrives, and challenges are simply part of the fun. We provide truly excellent benefits, including:
· 100% paid employee healthcare & dental insurance
· Paid parental leave
· 401k with matching
· Escalating vacation time
· Referral bonuses
· Tuition reimbursement
· Professional development training
· Free beverages and snacks
· Weekly catered lunches and breakfast on Fridays
Grow to be our next leader:
At RGi, fostering a strong and organic corporate culture is paramount and serves as a compass on the decisions we make and how we operate the company. We believe our culture of camaraderie, innovation, and collaboration reflects the caliber of our employees and their dedication to the mission of providing quality software to our customers. As such, we want our employees to feel empowered to seek growth and leadership opportunities within the company and position us to maintain our culture as we grow. RGi provides opportunities, resources, training, and mentorship to all our employees to let them take control of their careers and become a leader or a crucial member of our company. If this is what you are looking for in a company, then you are what we are looking for in an employee.
Reinventing Geospatial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for all positions.