Full Stack Software Engineer - 1545
Herndon, VA /
Software Engineering /
Reinventing Geospatial (RGi) is a leading geospatial expert working with Defense, Intelligence, and Federal clients to achieve mission success and solutions for varied mission-critical programs. Projects at RGi span a wide range of software and analytical methodologies and lie at the intersection of software development and geospatial intelligence. We work with soldiers and geospatial analysts to produce solutions that allow them to develop better situational understanding of complex operational pictures. We do everything from data collection to UI/UX development and advanced deep learning, using a broad toolset including Python, C#, and ArcGIS. Our projects include cutting-edge R&D efforts, as well as large mission programs incorporating data processing/optimization, data dissemination techniques, visualization, and collaboration across the commercial and government sectors.
RGi is seeking a talented Full Stack Software Engineer that is passionate about our customer’s mission to join our team! The Full Stack Developer will work as part of an agile software development team to design and rapidly prototype scalable solutions for a Big Data project in a high-performance computing environment. The candidate will be responsible for researching, developing, implementing, testing, and integrating solutions. The candidate must be self-starting, able to work well within a team environment, and motivated to deliver innovative capabilities that directly impact national security.
Take this opportunity to support an exciting and challenging project, and play with the latest technologies, all while helping our nation bring the best modern capabilities to our soldiers and analysts!
- Support infrastructure platform team in high performance computing environment
- Manage, optimize, and improve the product.
- Design and build full stack application with modern technologies, intuitive user-interfaces and scalable data processing architectures using HTML5 and open-source software.
- Rapidly prototype new methods for processing and exploiting data
- Research and communicate state-of-art methods from industry, academia, and government.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or related field
- Full Stack development
- Cloud Services (AWS, OpenStack, GCP, Azure, IBM, Rackspace)
- Containerization (Docker, Linux containers, Jails)
- Ansible for application deployment or similar cloud formation / automation tools
- OGC Web Services (WMS, WMTS, WCS, WFS)
- Linux environments
- CI/CD Pipeline, AI/ML framework
- High performance computing cluster
5+ years of related experience in:
Skills We’d Like to See:
- Experience with data analysis, processing, and comparison using PySpark and Elasticsearch
- Experience with Apache NiFi, Apache Accumulo
- Django web framework experience
- Top Secret with SCI eligibility
- US Citizenship Required.
Who We Are
Reinventing Geospatial, Inc. (RGi) is a fast-paced small business that has the environment and culture of a start-up, with the stability and benefits of a well-established firm. We solve complex problems within geospatial software development and national defense to make an Immediate Impact for our nation’s soldiers and analysts.
We pride ourselves on giving employees an exceptional life experience, where creativity thrives and challenges are simply part of the fun. We provide truly excellent benefits, including:
• 100% paid employee healthcare & dental insurance
• Paid parental leave
• 401k with matching
• Escalating vacation time
• Referral bonuses
• Tuition reimbursement
• Professional development training
• Free beverages and snacks
• Catered breakfast on Fridays
Reinventing Geospatial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for all positions.