Test Engineer - 2742
Dulles, VA (Hybrid) /
Systems Engineering /
Reinventing Geospatial (RGi) is a leading geospatial expert working with Defense, Intelligence, and Federal clients to achieve mission success and solutions for varied mission-critical programs. Projects at RGi span a wide range of software and analytical methodologies and lie at the intersection of software development and geospatial intelligence. We work with soldiers and geospatial analysts to produce solutions that allow them to develop better situational understanding of complex operational pictures. We do everything from data collection to UI/UX development and advanced deep learning, using a broad toolset including Python, C#, and ArcGIS. Our projects include cutting-edge R&D efforts, as well as large mission programs incorporating data processing/optimization, data dissemination techniques, visualization, and collaboration across the commercial and government sectors.
RGi is looking for talented Testers that are willing to learn new technologies to support an innovative mission. The ideal candidate is a tester passionate about helping to drive our customers’ and company missions forward. The candidate must be self-motivated, a quick learner, and able to balance simultaneous tasks to keep pace with our team of high performers.
- Learn how to utilize our software from an end-user perspective
- Write and run automated front-end regression tests
- Write and perform manual regression testing procedures
- Document test performance, bugs, and design inefficiencies in the software
- Assist developers in creating realistic testing scenarios.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years related work experience in software test engineering
- Test engineering experience in a government contracting environment
- Experience with aspects of software development: infrastructure, design, development, test/QA, deployment, monitoring, and maintenance
- Organized and capable of documenting existing test capabilities, test performance, and test needs
- Team player – support, back-up and collaborate with other testers, developers, and associated operations integration team
- Strong communication – clear, concise, collaborative, well-spoken/written, capable of remaining calm while discussing difficult issues with customers and employees
- Self-motivated to explore new and better ways of improving our test performance and coverage
- Security+ Certification; or obtained within the first six (6) months of employment
- Experience writing and running automated back-end tests
Skills we'd like to see
- Experience with Agile methodologies and working on an Agile development program
- Experience with test automation frameworks
- Comfortable in Linux and Windows
- Experience with command/line scripting, such as Bash
- Active Top Secret clearance required
- US Citizenship Required
Who We Are
Reinventing Geospatial, Inc. (RGi) is a fast-paced small business that has the environment and culture of a start-up, with the stability and benefits of a well-established firm. We solve complex problems within geospatial software development and national defense to make an Immediate Impact for our nation’s soldiers and analysts.
We pride ourselves on giving employees an exceptional life experience, where creativity thrives and challenges are simply part of the fun. We provide truly excellent benefits, including:
• 100% paid employee healthcare & dental insurance
• Paid parental leave
• 401k with matching
• Escalating vacation time
• Referral bonuses
• Tuition reimbursement
• Professional development training
• Free beverages and snacks
• Catered breakfast on Fridays
Reinventing Geospatial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for all positions.