Data Engineer - 2402
Fairfax, VA (Hybrid) /
Data Science /
Reinventing Geospatial (RGi) is a leading geospatial expert working with Defense, Intelligence, and Federal clients to achieve mission success and solutions for varied mission-critical programs. Projects at RGi span a wide range of software and analytical methodologies and lie at the intersection of software development and geospatial intelligence. We work with soldiers and geospatial analysts to produce solutions that allow them to develop better situational understanding of complex operational pictures. We do everything from data collection to UI/UX development and advanced deep learning, using a broad toolset including Python, C#, and ArcGIS. Our projects include cutting-edge R&D efforts, as well as large mission programs incorporating data processing/optimization, data dissemination techniques, visualization, and collaboration across the commercial and government sectors.
As a Data Engineer, you will be joining the team that is deploying and delivering a cloud-based, multi-domain Common Data Fabric (CDF), which provides data sharing services to the entire DoD Intelligence Community (IC). The CDF connects all IC data providers and consumers. It uses fully automated policy-based access controls to create a machine-to-machine data brokerage service, which is enabling the transition away from legacy point-to-point solutions across the IC enterprise.
- Your primary responsibility is to work with data providers within the IC and DoD Enterprise to identify and ingest data sets into the CDF data broker.
- Develop, optimize, and maintain data ingest flows using Apache Nifi and Python.
- Develop within the components in the cloud platform, such as Apache Kafka, NiFi, and HBase.
- Communicate with data owners to set up and ensure CDF streaming and batching components are working (including configuration parameters).
- Document SOP related to streaming configuration, batch configuration or API management depending on role requirement.
- Document details of each data ingest activity to ensure they can be understood by the rest of the team
In this role you will:
- 5+ years of related experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with programming and software development including analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, maintenance, quality assurance, troubleshooting and/or upgrading of software systems
- Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, computer engineering, or a related technical field.
- Demonstrable CentOS command line knowledge
- Understanding of foundational ETL concepts
- Experience implementing data ignorations with in the IC DoD Enterprise.
Skills We’d Like to See:
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification (Security+)
- Experience or expertise using, managing, and/or testing API Gateway tools and Rest APIs
- 2+ Experience in Python Development
- Experience or expertise configuring an LDAP client to connect to IPA
- Experience with Apache Hadoop and ETL
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- US Citizenship required
Who We Are
Reinventing Geospatial, Inc. (RGi) is a fast-paced small business that has the environment and culture of a start-up, with the stability and benefits of a well-established firm. We solve complex problems within geospatial software development and national defense to make an Immediate Impact for our nation’s soldiers and analysts.
We pride ourselves on giving employees an exceptional life experience, where creativity thrives and challenges are simply part of the fun. We provide truly excellent benefits, including:
• 100% paid employee healthcare & dental insurance
• Paid parental leave
• 401k with matching
• Escalating vacation time
• Referral bonuses
• Tuition reimbursement
• Professional development training
• Free beverages and snacks
• Catered breakfast on Fridays
Reinventing Geospatial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for all positions.