Linux Administrator, DevSecOps - 1536
Herndon, VA /
Systems Engineering /
Reinventing Geospatial (RGi) is a leading geospatial expert working with Defense, Intelligence, and Federal clients to achieve mission success and solutions for varied mission-critical programs. Projects at RGi span a wide range of software and analytical methodologies and lie at the intersection of software development and geospatial intelligence. We work with soldiers and geospatial analysts to produce solutions that allow them to develop better situational understanding of complex operational pictures. We do everything from data collection to UI/UX development and advanced deep learning, using a broad toolset including Python, C#, and ArcGIS. Our projects include cutting-edge R&D efforts, as well as large mission programs incorporating data processing/optimization, data dissemination techniques, visualization, and collaboration across the commercial and government sectors.
RGi is seeking a talented Linux System Administrator to join our team that is passionate about technology and our customers' mission! As a Linux Administrator, you will have the opportunity to support Defense and Intelligence Community projects by using emerging technologies and industry best practices. This position will support a dynamic, challenging, and engaged Special Operations customer with the development, integration, and maintenance of commercial and government software platforms within the larger framework of governmental enterprise software solutions.
We are looking for an experienced individual with a solid IT background that wants to help us drive our customer and company missions forward. A successful candidate must be comfortable working on both large and small development teams of varying skill levels within a multi-team environment. The candidate must be self-starting and motivated to deliver innovative capabilities that directly impact national security.
- Perform high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex operating systems, workstations, and servers.
- Coordinate, direct and perform complex software installations, upgrades, and patching to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Troubleshoot complex issues between hardware and software components
- Schedule installations and upgrades, and maintain them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Continually monitor and tune multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensure workstation server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities.
- Plan and implement the modernization of servers.
- Implement and promote standard operating procedures and schedules.
- Conduct hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Infrastructure support for the Open Stack environment
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience with systems administration
- Linux administration: RedHat, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, etc.
- Networking protocols: DNS, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP, SNMP, SSSD, etc.
- Scripting languages: Shell, Python, etc.
- Experience with Ansible, RegEx, and Ceph Storage
- Relational databases: MySQL, MariaDB, HadoopDB, etc.
- Storage Area Networks
- Familiarization with cloud technologies (IasS, SaaS, PaaS): Azure, AWS, OpenStack
- Containerization: Docker, LXC
- Familiarization with DevOps processes and tooling
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills for stakeholder briefings and documentation
3+ years of experience with the following:
Skills We’d Like to See:
- Linux / Unix certifications (RHCT, RHCSA, etc.)
- Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL Foundations
- Active Top Secret clearance with a willingness and ability to obtain TS/SCI
- US Citizenship Required
Who We Are
Reinventing Geospatial, Inc. (RGi) is a fast-paced small business that has the environment and culture of a start-up, with the stability and benefits of a well-established firm. We solve complex problems within geospatial software development and national defense to make an Immediate Impact for our nation’s soldiers and analysts.
We pride ourselves on giving employees an exceptional life experience, where creativity thrives and challenges are simply part of the fun. We provide truly excellent benefits, including:
• 100% paid employee healthcare & dental insurance
• Paid parental leave
• 401k with matching
• Escalating vacation time
• Referral bonuses
• Tuition reimbursement
• Professional development training
• Free beverages and snacks
• Catered breakfast on Fridays
Reinventing Geospatial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for all positions.