Senior Geospatial Software Engineer - 2626
Sterling, VA /
Software Engineering /
Reinventing Geospatial (RGi) is a leading geospatial expert working with Defense, Intelligence, and Federal clients to achieve mission success and solutions for varied mission-critical programs. Projects at RGi span a wide range of software and analytical methodologies and lie at the intersection of software development and geospatial intelligence. We work with soldiers and geospatial analysts to produce solutions that allow them to develop better situational understanding of complex operational pictures. We do everything from data collection to UI/UX development and advanced deep learning, using a broad toolset including Python, C#, and ArcGIS. Our projects include cutting-edge R&D efforts, as well as large mission programs incorporating data processing/optimization, data dissemination techniques, visualization, and collaboration across the commercial and government sectors.
RGi is looking for a talented Geospatial Software Engineer to support the Analysis Geospatial Information Systems (AGIS) Release Train. This individual will work as an integral part of a software development team translating real-world needs into technical solutions. The ideal candidate is a software engineer passionate about helping to drive our customers’ and company missions forward. The candidate must be self-motivated, a quick learner, and able to balance simultaneous tasks to keep pace with our team of high performers.
- Collaborate with other teams and organizations to design and implement strategies to integrate capabilities of different systems and other interoperability requirements
- Work in collaboration with other developers and teams to establish an enterprise GIS tool suite for the IC utilizing COTS, GOTS, and FOSS software
- Contribute to the design, development, testing and integration of capabilities in an Agile environment utilizing the latest technologies and best-practices to ensure the delivery and deployment of quality capabilities
- Contribute to development of epics and user stories, establishing acceptance criteria, complexity/time estimates, backlog prioritization, and other planning activities
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior developers, as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of experience in software development with experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle (analysis, design, development, testing, deployment, maintenance)
- Demonstrated experience with utilizing frameworks such as Spring Framework/Boot, Django, Angular, React, etc.
- Solid understanding of foundational geospatial concepts
- Geospatial database technologies (e.g., Esri GDB/FGDB, PostGIS, GeoPackages, etc.) and data formats for vector and raster data
- GIS Servers (ArcGIS Server/Portal, GeoServer, etc.) and web services such as ArcGIS REST Services or OGC services (WMS, WFS, WCS, WPS)
- Geospatial Tools and APIs such as ArcObjects, GDAL, ArcPy, etc.
- Web mapping APIs such as ArcGIS JS API, OpenLayers, Leaflet, etc.
- Experience with development in microservice based architectures
- Demonstrated experience with continuous integration/continuous delivery processes (Jenkins, GitLab CI, etc.)
- Experience with container technologies and orchestration such as Docker, Docker Compose, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with version control systems such as Git, GitLab, etc.
- Demonstrated experience using rapid prototyping and Agile based software development methodologies
Experience developing applications with modern COTS, GOTS and FOSS GIS technologies to include:
Skills We’d Like to See
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing software enhancements to mission systems in other Government agencies
- Understanding of web application development concepts
- Understanding of machine learning concepts
- Experience working with RDBMS and NoSQL databases
- Demonstrated experience with building DevOps pipelines for enterprise systems
- Demonstrated experience with Infrastructure as Code applications (Chef, Ansible, Terraform, etc.)
- AWS experience and/or AWS certification (Developer, DevOps and/or, Architect, etc.)
- Security+ Certification
- Active Top Secret clearance with a willingness and ability to obtain a Ci Polygraph
- US Citizenship required.
Who We Are
Reinventing Geospatial, Inc. (RGi) is a fast-paced small business that has the environment and culture of a start-up, with the stability and benefits of a well-established firm. We solve complex problems within geospatial software development and national defense to make an Immediate Impact for our nation’s soldiers and analysts.
We pride ourselves on giving employees an exceptional life experience, where creativity thrives and challenges are simply part of the fun. We provide truly excellent benefits, including:
• 100% paid employee healthcare & dental insurance
• Paid parental leave
• 401k with matching
• Escalating vacation time
• Referral bonuses
• Tuition reimbursement
• Professional development training
• Free beverages and snacks
• Catered breakfast on Fridays
Reinventing Geospatial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for all positions.