Front-End Software Engineer - 1668
Fairfax, VA (Hybrid) /
Software Engineering /
Reinventing Geospatial (RGi) is a leading geospatial expert working with Defense, Intelligence, and Federal clients to achieve mission success and solutions for varied mission-critical programs. Projects at RGi span a wide range of software and analytical methodologies and lie at the intersection of software development and geospatial intelligence. We work with soldiers and geospatial analysts to produce solutions that allow them to develop better situational understanding of complex operational pictures. We do everything from data collection to UI/UX development and advanced deep learning, using a broad toolset including Python, C#, and ArcGIS. Our projects include cutting-edge R&D efforts, as well as large mission programs incorporating data processing/optimization, data dissemination techniques, visualization, and collaboration across the commercial and government sectors.
RGi is looking for a talented Application Developer that is passionate about technology and the mission of our customers to join our team! This individual will work as an integral part of a software development team translating real-world needs into technical solutions. The ideal candidate is a software engineer passionate about helping to drive our customers’ and company missions forward. The candidate must be self-motivated, a quick learner, and able to balance simultaneous tasks to keep pace with our team of high performers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Web Application Development
- Web map library such as OpenLayers, Leaflet, Mapbox, DeckGL
- REST APIs, or OGC web standards such as WFS and WMS
- Windows & Linux/Unix environments
2-5 yrs. of related experience in one or more of the following areas:
Skills We’d Like to See:
- SCRUM Team leadership, product owner, or similar role on an Agile team
- Technical leadership for a software development project
- Geospatial Data Processing (GDAL, OGR, PostGIS)
- Web Application Development with Angular, Leaflet, Open Layers
- Automated Testing Frameworks (JUnit, Mocha, QUnit)
- Databases (PostGIS, SQLite)
- Geospatial Servers (GeoServer, MapServer)
- Android native application development
- Interface design experience in Java
- Developing cross platform apps with Kotlin or similar languages
- Java Native Interface (JNI)
- Active Top Secret clearance with a willingness and ability to obtain a Ci Polygraph
- US Citizenship required.
Who We Are
Reinventing Geospatial, Inc. (RGi) is a fast-paced small business that has the environment and culture of a start-up, with the stability and benefits of a well-established firm. We solve complex problems within geospatial software development and national defense to make an Immediate Impact for our nation’s soldiers and analysts.
We pride ourselves on giving employees an exceptional life experience, where creativity thrives and challenges are simply part of the fun. We provide truly excellent benefits, including:
• 100% paid employee healthcare & dental insurance
• Paid parental leave
• 401k with matching
• Escalating vacation time
• Referral bonuses
• Tuition reimbursement
• Professional development training
• Free beverages and snacks
• Catered breakfast on Fridays
Reinventing Geospatial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for all positions.