Geospatial Software Engineer - 2400
Dulles, VA /
Software Engineering /
Reinventing Geospatial (RGi) is a leading geospatial expert working with Defense, Intelligence, and Federal clients to achieve mission success and solutions for varied mission-critical programs. Projects at RGi span a wide range of software and analytical methodologies and lie at the intersection of software development and geospatial intelligence. We work with soldiers and geospatial analysts to produce solutions that allow them to develop better situational understanding of complex operational pictures. We do everything from data collection to UI/UX development and advanced deep learning, using a broad toolset including Python, C#, and ArcGIS. Our projects include cutting-edge R&D efforts, as well as large mission programs incorporating data processing/optimization, data dissemination techniques, visualization, and collaboration across the commercial and government sectors.
RGi is looking for a talented Geospatial Software Engineer that is passionate about technology and the mission of our customers to join our team! The candidate must be self-motivated, a quick learner, and able to balance simultaneous tasks to keep pace with our team of high performers. The candidate will be maintaining and enhancing complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing–intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, business management information systems) based upon documented requirements.
- As a Geospatial Software Engineer supporting the Analysis Geospatial Information Systems (AGIS) Release Train on the program you will work in collaboration with other developers and teams to establish an enterprise GIS tool suite for the IC utilizing COTS, FOSS, and GOTS software. You will collaborate on the integration of capabilities from different systems. Additionally, you will contribute to the design, development, testing and integration. Perhaps the most rewarding aspect of this program is the frequent user interaction and unsolicited feedback on the value you bring to the mission every single day. We live and breathe the mission right along-side our users.
- 7+ years of experience in software development (analysis, design, development, testing, deployment, maintenance) required.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 additional years of experience
- Experience developing applications with modern COTS and FOSS GIS technologies.
- Working knowledge of geospatial data formats (vector and raster)
- Solid understanding of GIS Web Services such as ArcGIS REST Services or OGC services (WMS, WFS, WCS, WPS).
- Working Knowledge of Geospatial APIs (ArcGIS Server/Portal, Geodatabase, Etc..)
- Working Knowledge of Web Mapping APIs such as Openlayers, ArcGIS JS API, leaflet
- Demonstrated experience using rapid prototyping and Agile based software development methodologies
Skills We’d Like to See:
- Operational and configuration experience with ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Portal, Geodatabases, and other extensions to the ArcGIS Baseline.
- Understanding of machine learning concepts
- Experience working with RDBMS and NoSQL databases
- Experience with development in microservice based architectures
- Understanding of web application development concepts
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing software enhancements to mission systems in other Government agencies
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Redis, Kafka
- AWS experience
- Demonstrated experience with continuous integration and software CM processes / tools (Subversion, GIT, JIRA, Confluence)
- Demonstrated experience with building DevOps pipelines for enterprise systems
- Demonstrated experience with infrastructure as code applications (Chef, Ansible, Terraform, etc.)
- AWS Certification (Developer, DevOps and/or, Architect, etc.)
- Security+ Certification
- Active Top Secret clearance with willingness and ability to obtain an SCI and CI polygraph
Who We Are
Reinventing Geospatial, Inc. (RGi) is a fast-paced small business that has the environment and culture of a start-up, with the stability and benefits of a well-established firm. We solve complex problems within geospatial software development and national defense to make an Immediate Impact for our nation’s soldiers and analysts.
We pride ourselves on giving employees an exceptional life experience, where creativity thrives and challenges are simply part of the fun. We provide truly excellent benefits, including:
• 100% paid employee healthcare & dental insurance
• Paid parental leave
• 401k with matching
• Escalating vacation time
• Referral bonuses
• Tuition reimbursement
• Professional development training
• Free beverages and snacks
• Catered breakfast on Fridays
Reinventing Geospatial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for all positions.