Technical Support Engineer
Rhombus is on a mission to make the world a safer place. For organizations, video security is an essential tool to maintain safe environments, yet today it is one of the most outdated and stagnant pieces of technology. Rhombus changes that with its centralized platform that combines intelligent cameras, sensors, and AI analytics to help organizations improve safety and operations at scale. We have a solid product-market fit, customers love us, and our solution makes a profound impact and difference in the world.
Rhombus is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to play a key role in developing solutions to customer specifications and for customer support. The ideal candidate has a big impact within the company as you are usually the first line of communication with a customer and often the person that resolves any issues they might have. This role coordinates with a lot of different departments including Sales, Engineering and more.
What You'll Do:
- Strong understanding of support processes – handling tickets, monitoring, processes, and metrics
- Implement new feature requests for customers
- Work with clients and Rhombus Engineering teams to resolve product issues
- Provide regular issue and trend reporting to help internal teams understand the customer experience
- Analyze support processes to recommend contact avoidance strategies
- Troubleshoot system/customer issues to validate product and service defects
- Track issues related to new product launches and work closely with product management teams to prioritize
- Create support tracking metrics to demonstrate customer journey challenges to product and engineer teams
What We're Looking For:
- 2+ years experience in technical support or equivalent
- Experience working with customer service platforms and ticketing systems
- Comfortable with learning new applications and software tools
- Good time management and customer engagement skills
- Willing to help provide input and insight for new product features & enhancements
- Previous experience working with or supporting SaaS products
- Experience working with SQL queries is a plus
- Knowledge of RESTful web services and working experience in client tools like Postman
- Bachelor’s degree in computer and information sciences or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
$70,000 - $75,000 a year
This position is onsite & full-time based in Sacramento, CA.
If you are ready to work in a fast-paced, successful start-up, please apply!
Rhombus provides cloud managed video security and IoT sensors for enterprises to better manage their physical spaces. Companies can setup smart cameras anywhere in their organization in minutes without the need for complicated servers or extra wires. The company is founded by industry veterans and is backed by MSD Capital, Lemnos Labs, and Promus Ventures.