Sacramento, California /
Located in vibrant Midtown Sacramento, Rhombus is looking for a Firmware Engineer who will focus on research, development, and improvements to the firmware of Rhombus' existing and future products.
Rhombus is on a mission to make the world a safer place. For organizations, video security is an essential tool to maintain safe environments, yet today it is one of the most outdated and stagnant pieces of technology. Rhombus changes that with its centralized platform that combines intelligent cameras, sensors, and AI analytics to help organizations improve safety and operations at scale. We have a solid product-market fit, customers love us, and our solution makes a profound impact and difference in the world.
What We're Looking For:
- Have 4+ years professional experience programming in C or C++
- Expert in C/C++ for embedded systems
- Strong Linux system programming fundamentals
- Experience with battery powered and wireless devices (preferred)
- Comfortable with fast prototyping and iterations based on customer feedback
- Comfortable with re-writing bootloader and drivers
- Enjoy R&D, tinkering with hardware, evks and working closely with the hardware team to spec out an ideal and fast go to market product plan
- Experience with Raspberry Pi is a plus
- Experience with ISO/IEC 14443 and ISO/IEC-7816 is a plus
Onsite a minimum of 2 days a week.
Compensation is dependent on experience.
If you are ready to work in a fast-paced, successful start-up, please apply!
Rhombus provides cloud managed video security and IoT sensors for enterprises to better manage their physical spaces. Companies can setup smart cameras anywhere in their organization in minutes without the need for complicated servers or extra wires. The company is founded by industry veterans and is backed by MSD Capital, Lemnos Labs, and Promus Ventures.