Located in vibrant Midtown Sacramento, Rhombus is looking for a Frontend Developer who will leverage their expertise by working on a variety of unique and challenging frontend development tasks involving video & audio playback and IoT sensor data.
Rhombus is on a mission to make the world a safer place. For organizations, video security is an essential tool to maintain safe environments, yet today it is one of the most outdated and stagnant pieces of technology. Rhombus changes that with its centralized platform that combines intelligent cameras, sensors, and AI analytics to help organizations improve safety and operations at scale. We have a solid product-market fit, customers love us, and our solution makes a profound impact and difference in the world.
The ideal candidate is a developer with many years of web development experience. In this role you will build the most complex features in the web/React project while managing the technical aspects of the cross-platform project as a whole (both web and mobile).
What You'll Do:
- Coordinate code sharing between web (React) and mobile (React Native) development
- Configure web build tools like Gatsby & Webpack
- Keep the frontend build running smoothly
- Maintain the frontend tests that run after the build and before release
- Review pull requests to maintain code quality
- Analyze react performance to keep the product snappy
- Choose the libraries (npm packages) that are best suited to this project, and plan migrations to new libraries when necessary
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of frontend (mostly web) development experience
- TypeScript mastery
- React mastery
- Git flow mastery branching, merging, and rebasing
- Great communication skills
- Ideally React Native experience as well
Libraries we use: React, React Native, Gastby, jotai, material UI, Cypress
This is a hybrid position based in Sacramento, CA. Compensation is dependent on experience.
If you are ready to work in a fast-paced, successful start-up, please apply!
Rhombus provides cloud managed video security and IoT sensors for enterprises to better manage their physical spaces. Companies can setup smart cameras anywhere in their organization in minutes without the need for complicated servers or extra wires. The company is founded by industry veterans and is backed by MSD Capital, Lemnos Labs, and Promus Ventures.