Rhombus is on a mission to make the world a safer place. For organizations, video security is an essential tool to maintain safe environments, yet today it is one of the most outdated and stagnant pieces of technology. Rhombus changes that with its centralized platform that combines intelligent cameras, sensors, and AI analytics to help organizations improve safety and operations at scale. We have a solid product-market fit, customers love us, and our solution makes a profound impact and difference in the world.
Rhombus is looking for a Backend Software Engineer who will focuson adding and maintaining product features and functionality in our cloud environment. This role includes working with UI teams to expose and manage data, designing data structures and databases, and adding to our analytics pipeline.Rhombus leverages a contract-driven micro-services architecture, built on top of the Spring Framework.
- Work with many frameworks/technologies including Spring, NoSQL databases, real-time data pipelining, and more to build features that customers love.
- Design and develop a series of micro-services to best scale to workloads.
- Develop scalable cloud architecture and implement innovative bandwidth friendly algorithms to collect, report and react to real time events being generated by various sensors and edge devices.
- Collaborate with many engineering teams to deliver high quality APIs to handle and expose both incoming and outgoing data.
- BS or equivalent in Computer Science
- 5+ years of enterprise development experience in Java
- Experience with a micro-service infrastructure using HTTP APIs.
- Familiarity with the Spring framework and AWS cloud infrastructure such as DynamoDB, Kinesis, etc. (preferred)
- Be a self-starter, comfortable making important decisions with limited oversight
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, with constantly changing requirements and priorities
- Fast and efficient, and able to quickly turn around small features and functionality
- Be a very curious person that is willing to ask why
- Elastic Search
$110,000 - $145,000 a year
Compensation is dependent on experience.
This position is a hybrid position, 3 days onsite, in Sacramento, CA.
If you are ready to work in a fast-paced, successful start-up, please apply!
Rhombus provides cloud managed video security and IoT sensors for enterprises to better manage their physical spaces. Companies can setup smart cameras anywhere in their organization in minutes without the need for complicated servers or extra wires. The company is founded by industry veterans and is backed by MSD Capital, Lemnos Labs, and Promus Ventures.