Business Development Representative
Sales – Business Development /
Designed for the job site and proven on top projects around the world, Rhumbix is dedicated to building innovative digital tools that help improve safety and efficiency in the world’s largest and least-digitized industry. Founded in 2014 by former U.S. Navy veterans, Rhumbix brings together construction industry experts with top engineering, analytics, and data science talent to help rethink and redefine how construction plans, manages, and connects with data generated in the field.
Trusted by industry-leading construction companies—including Turner, Suffolk, DPR, and Hensel-Phelps—the Rhumbix Field Data Platform enables project teams to simplify field data capture and easily share critical performance details across their organization, giving real-time insights into production and safety conditions on the jobsite.
Backed by Tier 1 investors in the construction tech space including Greylock Partners, Blackhorn Ventures, Glynn Capital, Brick & Mortar Ventures, and Autodesk Forge Fund, Rhumbix has built an exceptional team that is continuously improving the way the world is designed and constructed by empowering the workforce with technology that delivers value to Workers First.
Continuously improve the way the world is designed, constructed, and operated by empowering the workforce with technology, data, and insights that deliver value to workers first.
Rhumbix is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) who can grow our pipeline at a very high velocity. Specifically, we’re needing someone who is currently responsible for sales development and is at the top of their class. This means proficiency for the entire suite of top of funnel responsibilities, from Outbound and Inbound prospecting/handling, to creating content, scheduling appropriate marketing campaigns and optimizing your efforts week-over-week. Within this role, you’ll be placed at the forefront of Rhumbix’s growth, with tremendous upside if executed. We have a planned career path for the BDR that wants to execute at a high level and then move to closing roles inside and then outside. There is tremendous opportunity for accelerated advancement as our customer base and company continue to grow!
- 1+ years of enterprise sales development experience
- Evidence of exceeding quota for consecutive quarters (within the past 4 quarters)
- Venture-funded startup experience and ability to show correlated company growth
- Ability to showcase contributions to sales process methodologies and efficiencies
- SaaS experience
- *Selling into construction a plus but not required
- *Previous AEC experience is a huge plus but not required
- Build, implement and optimize lead management processes
- Produce qualified leads at a rate that is aligned with Rhumbix’s growth plans each week
- Work with the Business Development Manager to yield week-over-week funnel growth
- Develop and execute targeted outbound sales
- Maintain individual quota for sales effort targets
- Maintain complete accuracy of production within Salesforce
- Attend industry events nationwide to meet our customers and find new ones
- Call into 50+ prospects each day
Working at Rhumbix is a once-and-a-lifetime experience. Our mission is to continuously improve the way the world is designed and constructed by building tools for the blue-collar, craft workforce. Construction is the second-largest industry in the world, and it’s never experienced an industrial revolution. Advancements in mobile technology and wireless connectivity over the past few years have paved the way for a new software asset class on construction sites - mobile platforms for workers who don’t sit at a desk all day - and the future looks bright.
One of Rhumbix's core values is #workersfirst. Not only are we looking out for those on the field but we are looking out for our team members by having benefits that encourage a true work life balance.
- Work with incredibly humble, driven individuals
- Medical, dental, vision, Life, and STD/LTD benefits with up to 100% of the costs covered
- 20 days of PTO plus one floating holiday and mental health day
- Professional development stipend
- Regular team events
- Frequent learning and development company hosted workshops
- Flexible work from home schedule
- Fully remote work available
Rhumbix is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Our goal is to create safe workplaces that reflect our commitment to putting Workers First.