Content Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA /
Designed for the job site and proven on top projects around the world, Rhumbix is dedicated to building innovative digital tools that help improve safety and efficiency in the world’s largest and least-digitized industry. Founded in 2014 by former U.S. Navy veterans, Rhumbix brings together construction industry experts with top engineering, analytics, and data science talent to help rethink and redefine how construction plans, manages, and connects with data generated in the field.
Trusted by industry-leading construction companies—including Turner, Suffolk, DPR, and Hensel-Phelps—the Rhumbix Field Data Platform enables project teams to simplify field data capture and easily share critical performance details across their organization, giving real-time insights into production and safety conditions on the jobsite.
Backed by Tier 1 investors in the construction tech space including Greylock Partners, Blackhorn Ventures, Brick & Mortar Ventures, and Autodesk Forge Fund, Rhumbix has built an exceptional team that is continuously improving the way the world is designed and constructed by empowering the workforce with technology that delivers value to Workers First.
Content Marketing Manager
We are looking for a self-starter, team-driven content manager to join the Rhumbix Marketing team. This person will own the content marketing strategy and will be responsible for planning and executing a content strategy and development that drives pipeline growth. You’ll be a part of the Marketing team and the first Content Marketing Manager to help us build a robust content marketing engine. This role will play a pivotal role in crafting compelling narratives to inform, educate, and inspire influencers and leaders in the markets we serve.
This role reports to the Director of Marketing and requires close collaboration with sales, product, and customer success teams.
Please note: This position is remote work friendly and can be based anywhere within the US.
Why you’ll love it:
- You’ll be pioneering digital transformation in one of the largest industries in the world—construction.
- You’ll be part of a truly remarkable company culture that is fiercely driven and results-focused but prioritizes the team and work-life balance above all else.
- You’ll be instrumental in building systems and processes that will assist in Rhumbix’s rapid growth and market development.
- You’ll work with an exceptional team that is strongly collaborative, intensely supportive, and incredibly transparent on the operations and future plans of the business.
- Build and execute a content strategy and calendar with engaging and relevant content to ensure consistent engagement that drives pipeline growth
- Create exceptional content across channels, including blogs, nurture campaigns, social media, webinars, paid media, etc. with the goal of driving engagement
- Develop and implement a marketing content strategy that drives both organic search (SEO) and viral content (social)
- Act as a subject matter expert and lead theme and content ideation for thought leadership pieces and campaign messaging
- Partner with sales, product, design, and other marketing team members to produce content that explains the value of Rhumbix to various target audiences
- Develop content performance goals and report on the impact of content across the full funnel
- Analyze content performance and use insights to increase leading acquisition and retention
- Create brand content standards and maintain strong editorial quality across customer-facing content to ensure accuracy, voice, tone and consistency
- Oversee SEO strategy to attract website visitors and improve search engine rankings
- Interview customers and develop case studies that support the sales and marketing team
- Monitor the blogs, social content, web content, and email campaigns of competitors for industry trends and new content ideas
- 5+ years of experience writing compelling content for B2B marketing required—preferably for SaaS or growth stage startup
- Expertise with SEO best practices, content categorization, distribution, promotion, measurement, and publishing platforms
- Strong portfolio of work demonstrating a track record of developing content marketing strategy and executing with measurable results
- Excellent writer, researcher, and interviewer with the ability to simplify technical concepts into compelling narratives for a variety of audiences
- Hands-on ability to create a wide range of marketing assets — including but not limited to ebooks, blogs, social content, sales decks, webinars, tutorials, infographics, mailers, and videos
- Self-motivated with strong project management capabilities and able to prioritize tasks and to meet tight deadlines
- Experience in collaborating with various sales, marketing, and design functions
- Strong writing, proofing and editing skills with a drive for accuracy and detail
- Team oriented personality with a willingness to occasionally take on responsibilities outside of immediate scope to assist in larger initiatives
- Able to track and measure content performance and adapt new material to better perform within channels or audience segments
- Able to own and run multiple campaigns from ideation to completion
Bonus if you have:
- Familiarity working in CMS and/or publishing content to the web
- Worked in construction or related business
One of Rhumbix's core values is #workersfirst. Not only are we looking out for those on the field but we are looking out for our team members by having benefits that encourage a true work life balance.
- Work with incredibly humble, driven individuals
- Medical, dental, vision, Life, and STD/LTD benefits with up to 100% of the costs covered
- 20 days of PTO plus one floating holiday and mental health day
- Professional development stipend
- Regular team events
- Frequent learning and development company hosted workshops
- Flexible work from home schedule
- Fully remote work available