Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Designed for the job site and proven on top projects around the world, Rhumbix is dedicated to building innovative digital tools that help improve safety and efficiency in the world’s largest and least-digitized industry. Founded in 2014 by former U.S. Navy veterans, Rhumbix brings together construction industry experts with top engineering, analytics, and data science talent to help rethink and redefine how construction plans, manages, and connects with data generated in the field.
Trusted by industry-leading construction companies—including Turner, Suffolk, DPR, and Hensel-Phelps—the Rhumbix Field Data Platform enables project teams to simplify field data capture and easily share critical performance details across their organization, giving real-time insights into production and safety conditions on the jobsite.
Backed by Tier 1 investors in the construction tech space including Greylock Partners, Blackhorn Ventures, Brick & Mortar Ventures, and Autodesk Forge Fund, Rhumbix has built an exceptional team that is continuously improving the way the world is designed and constructed by empowering the workforce with technology that delivers value to Workers First.
Continuously improve the way the world is designed, constructed, and operated by empowering the workforce with technology, data, and insights that deliver value to workers first.
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of experience with web development using common frameworks like Django and React.
- You're very familiar with relational databases.
- You write clean, maintainable, and thoughtful code.
- You work well in a self-starter environment.
- You are comfortable working remotely, and have worked with remote teams before.
- You are excited by working on unfamiliar things and experimenting with new technologies.
- You play well with others, and know how to check your ego at the door.
- You want to work in an environment where learning, self-improvement, and personal and professional development are not only encouraged, but an important and necessary part of the job.
- Bonus if you have experience with GraphQL, Travis CI, and/or Infrastructure/DevOps. A solid gif game is also a real win!
What you will do
- Design and Architect scalable software solutions for a growing software company.
- Take on challenges when you see them. Nothing in the codebase is off limits, so if you see an opportunity to improve something, Rhumbix aims to empower you to fix it.
- Regularly participate in peer code reviews.
- Bring new tools and ideas to the team to better improve our existing processes.
- Mentor junior engineers and help them to learn best practices.
- Identify tech debt and work with other engineers to come up with solutions.
- Suggest and prioritize features, and express and defend your convictions.
- Research technology and write tech specs for complex new features.
- Participate in building the culture of Rhumbix. We have weekly team hangouts and a couple hackathons a year, and once we are able to gather, we will resume off-site team building activities.
- Continue to grow and learn new things. Rhumbix provides an annual stipend for professional improvement. If there is an area of the product that you are interested in, we will do our best to give you opportunities that line up with those interests.
- Participate in production support rotation, 1 week - roughly every other month.
Current tech stacks
- Currently converting our codebase to TypeScript
- React/Redux for our web client
- React-Native/Redux for our mobile client
- Django 2.2/Python 3.7
- Hosted on AWS
- Work with incredibly humble, driven individuals
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits, up to 100% of the costs covered
- 20 days of PTO plus one floating holiday
- Professional development stipend
- Regular team events
- Frequent learning and development company hosted workshops
- Flexible work from home schedule
- Remote work available
Rhumbix is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Our goal is to create safe workplaces that reflect our commitment to putting Workers First.