Strategy and Operations Manager
New York, NY /
We are looking for a Strategy & Operations Manager to lead cross-functional initiatives across the organization that advance Ribbon’s ambitious mission. As the second member of this team, you will work directly with our Head of Strategy & Operations and the rest of the leadership team to run projects from ideation to completion that push progress on company OKRs, own the development and dissemination of Ribbon’s best practices and deliver data-driven insights that accurately reflect organizational behavior and drive decision-making.
What we look for at Ribbon
- Passion and drive to simplify healthcare by building products that increase access to care and power every healthcare decision to be high-quality, cost-effective, and convenient
- Commitment to Ribbon company values, working on an exceptional team, and building an exceptional company
- Grit, hustle, desire, and a “get-it-done” attitude; strong comfort with a lean startup environment, where everyone is encouraged to participate in and contribute across all teams
- Dedication to the creation of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where teammates are celebrated for their unique perspectives and work together to simplify healthcare for all
What we're looking for in this role
- You love problem-solving in a fast-paced environment. You thrive collaborating with others to solve challenging problems and iterate quickly to a solution.
- You are an excellent communicator. You can align interests across a diverse set of stakeholders and wield influence with colleagues at all levels of the company.
- You demonstrate exceptional analytical acumen and have a proven track record of producing data-driven insights and recommendations to senior leadership.
- You are an ambitious self-starter eager to build something from the ground up. You have a hands-on mentality and a "no task is too big or too small" attitude.
- You are someone that can be both strategic and tactical. You can easily move between the big picture and on the ground execution.
- Scope, build, and implement a core business intelligence function at Ribbon inclusive of internal dashboards and reporting capabilities with a wide-range of stakeholders in mind.
- Help lead our OKR process including quarterly and annual planning, tracking and iterating in partnership with the leadership team.
- Evaluate and diagnose areas to improve Ribbon’s Habits of Excellence and quarterback these changes across all core processes, systems and tools.
- Manage various critical projects end-to-end that help us build scalable operational infrastructure and enable us to meet our aggressive goals.
How we live out our values for our teammates
Our goal is to make this the best career decision any of us have ever made. We stand by our values to make it happen.
Run Toward Hard Problems | We are motivated by the toughest challenges. We seek out hard problems that have the most impact and solve them to help those who need it most. We encourage our teammates to take ownership of outcomes that motivate them. Everyone at Ribbon has a say in our objective and key result (OKR) planning process for their teams and across teams.
Put Your Team First | We are a family. We are all happier and healthier when we take care of each other and put each other’s needs ahead of our own. We take care of you by offering fully covered insurance premiums on health, vision, and dental, a 401K plan match, and a flexible working policy that includes progressive family leave guidelines, flexible working schedules, and unlimited vacation.
Do What You Say | We are honest with each other. We are accountable to each other. When we commit to accomplishing our goals, we make it happen. Every team member has the opportunity to own high-impact work at Ribbon.
Stay Hungry, Keep Improving | We are humble. We will make mistakes, learn from those mistakes, and be better because of those mistakes. Here, feedback is a gift and mistakes are learning opportunities. We have a thoughtful culture that focuses on giving and receiving regular positive and constructive feedback to help us support each other and make each other better. Also, speaking of “hungry” we offer plenty of snacks, food, and coffee.
Practice Habits of Excellence | We measure our success by the process it took to get there. We will always do our very best and we are proud of the outcome because of it. At Ribbon, we focus on how we get things done by documenting and sharing our learnings, We are building the systems we need to scale our company and support our work for the long-term.
Build With Empathy | We are building the best healthcare experience for our users. When faced with a difficult decision, we do what’s best for people’s lives. This includes our team. Every Ribbon teammate shares working and lifestyle norms, and we hold each other accountable to respecting these norms so each person can balance work-life integration that works for them.