Outside Sales Representative - Merrillville, IN
Merrillville, IN /
Sales – Outside Sales /
Full Time - Exempt
Richards Building Supply, a full-service, family-owned building supply center located in Merrillville, IN is currently looking for an experienced Outside Sales Representative with a professional, energetic, and creative demeanor to lead our growing team.
In this position you will build and manage customer relationships with a variety of clientele. It’s an opportunity to run your own business without all the risks of ownership.
You will need to bring enthusiasm, strong “sales hunting skills, with a background in sales in the building materials industry.
- Engage and develop relationships with prospective customers and build a self-sustaining network of clients.
- Assist customers in the credit application process.
- Respond to inquiries with accurate pricing, inventory, and delivery information
- Perform other responsibilities as needed.
- Utilize sales reports and other data to recognize sales opportunities in customer buying patterns.
- Make cold calls to prospective customers.
- Follow sales leads and scheduling appointments with prospective customers.
- Follow up with customers and provide solutions, should a service concern arise.
- Provide training to customers and their teams on various product lines and services.
- Connecting with customers to ensure that past due bills are paid and collect payments when necessary.
- Cultivate, develop and conserve sales and business with new and existing customers.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with attention to detail which includes: maintaining full, complete, accurate and detailed sales records of all sales activities and have them available for inspection.
- Timely follow up on quotations submitted to customers.
- Meet or exceed minimum sales budget.
- Preserve and safeguard Company’s Confidential Information.
- Stay informed on new products in the industry.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Most importantly, the ability to work in a team atmosphere.
Why You Should Consider Us:
- Competitive base salary with industry leading commission program.
- 21 PAID Days off during your first year of employment!
- Holiday bonuses and other bonus opportunities!
- Significant employer contributions towards monthly premiums for Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Life and AD & D benefit plans.
- Additional Voluntary benefit options available including Short Term and Long Term Disability coverage, Accidental Injury, Critical Illness and Cancer plans as well as additional Life and AD& D benefit policies.
- 401K program with a best in industry company match.
- Opportunity for career advancement
- Family owned, operated and focused company!
- Minimum 3 years of previous outside sales experience ideally within the building materials industries.
- Strong product knowledge of Windows, Doors and Siding.
- Ability to adapt to a customer base with varying degree of product knowledge.
- Professional presence with strong interpersonal skills with clients and peers.
- Proficient with MS Office products, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Our sales team is comprised of highly motivated individuals that are passionate about Richards Building Supply and generating new business opportunities around high quality products.
It’s more than a job, it is your Career! Submit your resume today to join our exciting and growing family
Req ID #ZR Holland, MI
Richards Building Supply is a wholesale building material distributor serving 12 states with over 60 locations! As a family owned, operated and focused company, Richards Building Supply has spent the last 40 years building a thriving and profitable organization, as well as invaluable business relationships. Richards stocks a comprehensive line of products such as residential and commercial roofing, siding, windows, decking, soffit, doors, molding, rainware, cabinets, and more!
Richards Building Supply believes in hiring military veterans at any level for any position. We know your service trained you in many of the areas we value, such as; leadership, teamwork, performance, integrity, and safety. If your experience matches our requirements, we want you to apply today.
It’s more than a job, it is your Career! Submit your resume today to join our exciting and growing family.