Warehouse Lead - Commerce, GA
Athens, GA /
Operations – Warehouse /
Full Time - Exempt
Are you a CDL Driver who is ready to make a career move or a Warehouse Manager who is ready for a change?
Come join our team a we are opening a new facility in Commerce, GA!!!
The warehouse manager will be responsible for the organization, schedules and direction of the warehouse staff on a daily basis.
This position may require you to run a delivery from time to time.
MUST HAVE THE ABILITY TO OBTAIN A CDL B IF YOU DON'T HAVE ONE ALREADY
**Warehouse management experience required.**
**Building material industry experience highly desired.**
As we continue to grow and seek new ways to better serve our customers, we are constantly looking for individuals who will embrace our values and carry on the legacy of Richards.
Currently we are searching for a Warehouse Manager, for our Commerce, GA location, who is capable of cultivating a “Raving Fan” customer experience with a best in class image!
As a member of our team the Warehouse Manager can expect a supportive family environment, along with the tools and training required for your personal growth and the success of the company! With this career opportunity you will be offered a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefit package and the potential for advancement.
Richards Building Supply expects each employee to possess the personal and professional skills needed to quickly and accurately expedite work for the position they hold. As the warehouse manager you will be responsible for the organization, schedules and direction of the warehouse staff on a daily basis.
- Responsible for the daily scheduling of warehouse personnel to ensure proper staffing in order to receive products at the facility in a productive and cost-efficient manner. Adjusts schedules as necessary for both the warehouse and drivers.
- Monitor the warehouse inventory, ensure order accuracy fulfillment, and drive productivity levels and upkeep of facility maintenance.
- Directs the day-to-day activities of the warehouse. Such activities include shipping, receiving, stocking, organizing material, maintenance, and inventory control, etc.
- Coordinates warehouse activities under the direction of the Branch Manager, and trains warehouse personnel to ensure well-coordinated shipping and receiving plan.
- Responsible for scheduling the maintenance of warehouse equipment, providing both preventive maintenance programs and ensuring the completion of all necessary repairs. Ensures that the warehouse personnel have safe, efficient equipment in order to perform the distribution functions.
- Plan, organize and direct the loading and unloading of deliveries.
- Route drivers for the accurate and timely deliveries made to the customers.
- Oversee the warehouse safety programs in order to provide a safe clean workplace for employees and within the standards of all OSHA local and state regulations.
- Recommends equipment requirements and replacements to the Branch Manager in order to upgrade and maintain warehouse productivity and efficiency.
- Supervise, manage, and direct the selection, training, development, appraisal and work assignments of personnel.
- Take lead with completing weekly cycle counts and assist in annual physical inventories.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience
- CDL Class be highly desired
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and delegate assignments.
- Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily production/technical nature.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Forklift certification or like equipment experience demonstrating proficiency.
Why You Should Consider Us:
- 21 PAID Days off during your first year of employment!
- Multiple incentive programs!
- Competitive base salary with comprehensive benefit package.
- Flexible work/life balanced hours, typical schedule Monday-Friday 7:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
- Significant employer contributions towards monthly premiums for Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Life and AD & D benefit plans.
- Additional Voluntary benefit options available including Short Term and Long Term Disability coverage, Accidental Injury, Critical Illness and Cancer plans as well as additional Life and AD& D benefit policies.
- 401K program with a best in industry company match.
- Opportunity for career advancement
- Family owned, operated and focused company!
We hire ambitious individuals who are looking for a long term management career where promotion, reward and recognition are achieved through competitive initiative, leadership and individual contribution.
This Warehouse Manager position is a salaried employment position with excellent benefits to include paid vacation, a full health package, a 401K plan with company contributions, plus a great opportunity for growth and advancement.
Richards Building Supply is a wholesale building material distributor serving 12 states with over 60 locations! As a family owned, operated and focused company, Richards Building Supply has spent the last 40 years building a thriving and profitable organization, as well as invaluable business relationships. Richards stocks a comprehensive line of products such as residential and commercial roofing, siding, windows, decking, soffit, doors, molding, rainware, cabinets, and more!
Richards Building Supply believes in hiring military veterans at any level for any position. We know your service trained you in many of the areas we value, such as; leadership, teamwork, performance, integrity, and safety. If your experience matches our requirements, we want you to apply today.
It’s more than a job, it is your Career! Submit your resume today to join our exciting and growing family.