Senior Mechanical Engineer
Santa Cruz, California /
Design, simulate and test mechanical components and integrate them into complete vehicles. Take a leadership role in a small team of engineers to guide and mentor junior engineers and manage projects toward successful completion.
The ideal candidate will be a very talented, creative, capable hands-on engineer who is excited about joining an interdisciplinary team that is revolutionizing boardsports and transportation and shipping product.
Key responsibilities + expectations:
• Design enclosures, housings, mechanisms and electromechanical components.
• Validate, test, and iterate on existing mechanical and electromechanical systems.
• Identify and work with domestic and overseas vendors for manufacturing quotes, sourcing components, quality assurance, etc.
• Work with EE team for integration of PCBAs, connectors and wire harnesses
• Own CAD databases for complex assemblies
• Document and prepare drawing packages for internal/external uses.
Experience + Qualifications:
• BS or MS in mechanical engineering.
• 4-10+ years experience
• Electromechanical (electric vehicle, mechatronics, etc.) background a very strong plus.
• Hands-on prototyping/machine shop experience
• Experience with design and documentation for a variety of manufacturing processes, including injection molding, casting, sheet metal.
• Experience in the outdoor industry (bikes, snowboards, skateboards, etc) a strong plus
• Manufacturing/DFM experience a significant plus.
• Experience taking product to market strongly preferred.
• Excellent CAD (Solidworks) proficiency.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We’re looking for a creative and forward-thinking engineer who shares our vision for this company and our willingness to work extremely hard, in a start-up environment, to bring that vision to life. Do you have a track record of solving complex engineering challenges and delivering outstanding products? Do you build, tinker, hack, and create in your spare time? Are you obsessively attentive to detail?
The job is based in our westside Santa Cruz, CA location just half a mile from the beach!
To apply for the position, please submit a cover letter that mentions why you would be a great fit for this role along with your resume. Due to the number of applications, we may not be able to contact everyone directly.
Future Motion Inc, makers of Onewheel ® are seeking to hire for the position of: Senior Mechanical Engineer
We create revolutionary new recreation-transportation products. We are a company that values idealism, entrepreneurship and innovation and a combination of intensity, purpose and having fun.