Santa Cruz, California /
We are seeking a full-stack web developer who can be responsible for building and maintaining a thriving eCommerce store and website with growing numbers of pages, products and new functionality, as well as back-end integrations.
• Implement new UI designs in HTML/CSS based on mock-up PSD, PDF files supplied by a designer
• Implement site changes in Shopify by modify existing systems or implementing new code. Must be able to develop within Shopify and its app/plug in parameters.
• Integrate with back-end for order fulfillment, tracking, etc
• Must be comfortable with Liquid and/or Ruby template language
• Able to own extensive QA and testing for all site enhancements and bugs as they come up to identify areas of concerns and leverage experience and data to provide solutions to resolve them.
• Able to code and deploy applications in a cross-platform, cross-browser environment. Focus on mobile site experience and responsive design.
• Understanding of SEO and how to properly structure a website to be optimized according to industry standards.
• Work closely with marketing and sales teams during key peak seasons to create in-the-moment marketing, UX and promotional campaigns and site enhancements to increase conversion and revenue.
• Implement automated A/B testing to maximize conversion rate
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to manage code development within Shopify platform
- Must understand cross browser compatibility, and general web functions and standards
- Solid understanding of ecommerce UX and customer expectations within that realm
- Organized, flexible and easily adaptable to changing conditions
- High degree of proficiency with Google Analytics, and other digital analytics platforms
- Ability to multitask and manage numerous simultaneous priorities
- High energy, high ownership of work product and dedication and commitment to driving results
- A minimum of a BA/BS Degree is required
- An undergraduate and/or graduate degree in Computer Science is preferred
- Ideally, 5 combined years of Web Development, Product Management, or Ecommerce
- Entrepreneurial spirit, insatiable curiosity, agility and an established track record of hard-work and dedication to results
- Terms like UX, UI, Conversion, should be a regular part of your vocabulary
The job is based in our Westside Santa Cruz, CA office location.
Please submit a cover letter that mentions why you would be a great fit for this role along with your resume and portfolio. Due to the number of applications, we may not be able to contact everyone directly.