Santa Cruz, California /
Future Motion Inc, makers of Onewheel ® are seeking to hire for the position of Software Engineer
We create revolutionary new recreation-transportation products. We are a company that values idealism, entrepreneurship and innovation and a combination of intensity, purpose and having fun.
- Design, develop, and maintain custom business management software
- Develop APIs to integrate with existing and new software
- Work with our various teams and external manufacturers to understand project needs and uses
- Develop internal analytic and decision making tools
- Develop methods for deploying, scaling, and monitoring applications
- Drive projects through entire development lifecycle
- Write and maintain documentation of designs and algorithms
- MS or BS in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent
- Experience in backend development (Python, PHP, etc.)
- Experience in relational database design (MySQL)
- Experience in developing scalable systems
- Experience with web security in application development
- Writing clean and modular code
- Experience with AWS (preferred)
- Source Control (i.e. Git)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with team members from a variety of disciplines
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Eager to keep up with new technologies
- Flexible and willing to expand skillset through various projects based on business needs
We’re looking for a creative and forward-thinking engineer who shares our vision for this company and our willingness to work extremely hard, in a start-up environment, to bring that vision to life. Do you have a track record of solving complex engineering challenges and delivering outstanding products? Do you build, tinker, hack, and create in your spare time? Are you obsessively attentive to detail?
The job is based in our westside Santa Cruz, CA location just half a mile from the beach!
To apply for the position, please submit a cover letter that mentions why you would be a great fit for this role along with your resume. Due to the number of applications, we may not be able to contact everyone directly.