San Jose, California /
We are seeking a Quality Technician to join our team!
The Quality Team is tasked with improving Future Motion's products by investigating the root causes of issues and finding opportunities for enhancing quality. The team collaborates closely with the production and engineering departments to reduce quality problems. This position requires extensive hands-on work focused on analyzing failures and identifying the underlying reasons behind them.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and document issues with production boards
- Electromechanical repair and assembly of production boards
- Technicians must be able to ride production boards and ensure that they are up to Future Motion’s quality standards
- Communicate emerging and trending quality issues to prevent negative impact to the factory
- Technicians must be prepared to escalate concerns to the appropriate party and always promote a culture of quality
- Create documentation of assembly and test procedures
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Punctuality and a professional, can-do attitude are a must
- 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing quality assurance environment
- Strong demonstrable experience with equipment: Hand Tools, Torque Drivers, Torque Wrenches, Multimeter, Calipers, and other common equipment
- Hands-on experience with diagnosing and repairing electrical and mechanical systems
- Experience with wiring, mechanical assembly, and testing of electronic instrumentation, sensors, and cables
- Ability to read electronic schematics, wiring diagrams, and mechanical drawings
- Excellent organizational skills, attention-to-detail, and multitasking capability
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel
- Ability to perform physical work for extended periods of time
- Ability to frequently and repetitively lift, push, and carry up to 35 lbs
- Frequent weekend work and overtime required
At Future Motion, we create revolutionary new recreation-transportation products. Our company values idealism, entrepreneurship and innovation and a combination of intensity, purpose and having fun. We are looking for enthusiastic, friendly, upbeat, organized team players with great attitudes. Perks of joining include a casual dress code, plenty of Onewheel riding, and a fun, positive work atmosphere.
The job is based in our San Jose, CA location.