Site Reliability Engineer
San Francisco, California
Who We Are
rideOS is a technology company in San Francisco that is building a software platform to accelerate the safe, global roll-out of next-gen transport. Our team consists of highly accomplished and experienced folks whose achievements include co-inventing the iPhone, powering Tesla's Autopilot maps, and helping to start Uber’s mapping and self driving vehicle divisions. We are Series-B funded, backed by Sequoia Capital and Next47.
Site Reliability Engineering is a role that combines software engineering with operations to build and run high-quality software in a cloud environment. In addition, in a startup environment, you'll be thinking about pragmatic solutions that balance future designs and addressing immediate customer needs. For example, you'll need to think about the best time to deploy a proof-of-concept vs. building production-ready services.
- Tune existing monitoring and alerts, develop new ones to best monitor growing services
- Automate configurations and deployments in Google Cloud Platform and Kubernetes
- Develop new tools to improve the developer and operations experience
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Educate team about devops culture
- Deployment using Kubernetes
- Python for scripting tools to support devops
- Able to understand Java/C-like languages to help developers
- Knowledge of Google Cloud Platform (or other Cloud Services equivalent). For example, (need not include all): data stores, resource management, build processes, pub-sub, monitoring/alerts, logging, VPN, DNS, auto-scaling, load-balancing, service gateways, ...
rideOS is off to an amazing start in terms of funding, talent, vision, and industry demand. We are well on on our way towards being a major player in transportation and technology in general, and looking for incredible teammates to help make our mission a reality. rideOS is an e-verified company.