Portland, OR or Remote /
Based in Portland, Ride Report is a small software company accelerating the transition to a sustainable and efficient transportation system.
Over 50 cities around the world are using Ride Report to help manage the emergence of new and innovative forms of transportation – particularly shared micromobility such as electric scooters and bikes. We've shown that with the right tools, cities can harness the power of micromobility to rapidly transform their transportation systems for the better.
Learn more about our mission and values in our open source handbook. If it sounds like the right fit, we'd love to hear from you!
In the role of Solutions Engineer, you will:
- Be the primary technical point of contact for Ride Report prospects and customers. For customers who are "on board," manage relationships and raise customer needs to Ride Report internal teams.
- Act as the technical liaison between internal and external teams
- Own customer renewals for your territory
- Brainstorm and suggest creative solutions for prospect / customer needs through the lens of the product
- Support and advise prospects and customers on micromobility program management to ensure success
- Support prospect discussions and onboard new paid customers
- Represent Ride Report at conferences, trainings, and other events
Within one month:
- Familiarize yourself with our sales and renewal processes and software and how we manage prospects and existing customers
- Become savvy in Ride Report's tools to help sales leads and customers answer basic questions and enable them to find the answers with confidence
- Start to own technical enablement by performing tasks to create solutions for potential and existing customers
- Understand how new mobility fits into the day-to-day work of city staff
- Start to prioritize communication with target customers against our company priorities
Within three months:
- Act as primary technical point of contact for potential and existing city customers
- Partner with the Growth Manager and Customer Success lead during sales and onboarding / implementation phase
- Collaborate with customers to enable them to answer complex data-related questions through the lens of the Ride Report tool
- Present Ride Report's value proposition with confidence through the lens of our customers' nuanced needs
- Work with the Growth Team to identify and prioritize new features for Product Team that can meet current and upcoming customer priorities
Within six months:
- Be a subject matter expert on Ride Report and the market we work in
- Bring new ideas to light about how to bring value and message our solution to customers
- Flex and grow your role to support the needs of the business and your own professional goals
Helpful Skills and Experience
- Interest and aptitude in learning and applying technical tools to address challenges. For example, you will use GIS tools in this role; we will provide training if you don't already have experience.
- Excited about working with cities and curious about the challenges they face
- A desire to solve challenges. Stay calm and seek creative ways to deliver solutions
- Effectively communicate concepts with technical and non-technical audiences across multiple formats
- Operate independently, yet be proactive about bringing challenges and questions to a larger group setting.
- Deep empathy for people and what motivates them
- Ability to build internal and external working relationships
- Energized by spending the day speaking with and listening to others
Compensation & Benefits
- The on target earnings for this role will be $92,905. Ride Report uses market data to transparently set the salary of every employee in a fair and standardized way. Learn why we don't negotiate our salaries and publish them instead.
- Generous equity incentives. We also offer new candidates the option to trade some salary for additional equity.
- Operate in the location of your choosing. There’s space available in the Ride Report office in Portland, or you can work in a remote office. See details on our practices and benefits for working remotely full-time in our handbook. Due to COVID-19, Ride Report is currently a fully remote team based out of Portland, OR. We will not be requiring anyone to return to the office ahead of October 1, 2021. This position is remote, however, and no return to the office will be required, but space will be available if you want to be in Portland.
- Some travel may be required for this position in the future. Due to COVID-19, Ride Report is currently not allowing travel of any kind. This policy will be re-addressed in mid-2021.
- Unlimited vacation and sick leave
- Competitive health insurance plans via Regence (Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Vision and dental plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts for both health care and dependent care (Employee-funded)
- A 401k program that matches 50% of employee contributions up to the 10% of their salary
- Yearly professional development stipend
- An eBike Enablement Benefit
- Unlimited snacks (HQ)
- Quarterly off-sites (HQ)
We'll be evaluating applications on a rolling basis and the position will remain open until filled.
If you're not sure if this is the right fit for you, but you're interested, please apply! We're particularly interested in creating a diverse team with a broad set of skills and viewpoints. We carefully consider every applicant that takes the time to apply, and are interested in building relationships with people who might be the right fit for our team at some point in the future.
We believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. We welcome applications from women, people of color, and other groups that are underrepresented in tech and transportation.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis; Ride Report will not sponsor applicants for work visas. As part of our security protocols, offers are contingent on completion of a background check. You can read more about how and why we use background checks in our Open Source Employee Guide.