Based in Portland, Ride Report is a small software company accelerating the transition to a sustainable and efficient transportation system.
Over 50 cities around the world are using Ride Report to help manage the emergence of new and innovative forms of transportation – particularly shared micromobility such as electric scooters and bikes. We've shown that with the right tools, cities can harness the power of micromobility to rapidly transform their transportation systems for the better.
Learn more about our mission and values in our open source handbook. If it sounds like the right fit, we'd love to hear from you!
On our frontend, we use ReactJS with TypeScript. On the backend, we use Python with Django as our web layer.
We will start reviewing applications on Friday, April 10th, 2020.
Necessary Skills and Experience
- At least 2 years of professional experience developing and shipping frontend code running in the browser
- Understands version control and transparent, positive code review practices and their utility in building great software
- Ability to work collaborative and communicate clearly
- Appreciates testing and pragmatism around creating reliable software
- Values teaching others
Nice to have/Excited to learn about
- Deep knowledge of ReactJS
- Interest in backend code, such as updating our API layer and GraphQL schema
Within one month, you will:
- Learn about Ride Report's mission
- Participate in our Engineering Buddy system and complete starter tickets to get acquainted with our codebase and our development practices
Within 3 months, you will:
- Consistently apply our development practices throughout your work.
- Engage in our product and engineering development process and successfully ship code.
- Engage in your first on-call rotation and be able to diagnose and resolve production issues. Currently our on-call duty only occurs during normal business hour though that is subject to change.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Contribute significantly to the launch of a major feature, working cross-functionally with key stakeholders such as product and design to keep them abreast of progress.
- Be the domain expert in many parts of our system and be comfortable navigating our stack.
Compensation & Benefits
- Generous equity incentives. We also offer new candidates the option to trade some salary for additional equity.
- Unlimited vacation and sick leave
- Competitive health insurance plans via Regence (Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Vision and dental plans for self and dependent care (Employee-funded)
- Flexible Spending Accounts for both health care and dependent care (Employee-funded)
- A 401k program that matches 50% of employee contributions up to the 10% of their salary
- Yearly professional development stipend
- An electric micromobility vehicle benefit
- Unlimited snacks (HQ)
- Quarterly off-sites (HQ)
This is a position based in Portland, Oregon. Relocation assistance will be offered to non-local candidates.
If you're not sure if this is the right fit for you, but you're interested, please apply! We're particularly interested in creating a diverse team with a broad set of skills and viewpoints. We carefully consider every applicant that takes the time to apply, and are interested in building relationships with people who might be the right fit for our team at some point in the future.
We believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. We welcome applications from women, people of color, and other groups that are underrepresented in tech and transportation.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis; Ride Report will not sponsor applicants for work visas. As part of our security protocols, offers are contingent on completion of a background check. You can read more about how and why we use background checks in our Open Source Employee Guide.