Portland, OR or Remote
Based in Portland, Ride Report is a small software company accelerating the transition to a sustainable and efficient transportation system.
Ride Report began in 2015 with a simple set of tools that help cities use data to make planning decisions that are faster, smarter, and more responsive to road user's lived experiences. More recently, cities have used Ride Report to help manage the explosion in new transportation, particularly electric micromobility fleets, through compliance, monitoring, and data aggregation.
We're hiring a team to help build our core software product offering, and expand the reach and impact of our tools to more cities around the world.
Learn more about our mission and values in our open source handbook. If it sounds like the right fit, we'd love to hear from you!
In the role of Growth Manager, you will:
- Own the sales process and strategy through the funnel for your territory prospects and customers.
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders, and executive sponsors.
- Work closely with Customer Success and Marketing to expand our city and public agency pipeline and customer roster extensively.
- Ensure the territory strategy aligns with the overall strategy and the longer-term needs of our customers.
Within one month, you will:
- Familiarize yourself with our processes and how we work our funnel
- Begin territory goal setting.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Present Ride Report's value proposition with confidence through the lens of our prospects and customers' nuanced needs.
- Start to meet set KPIs for your territory.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Be a subject matter expert on Ride Report and the market we work in.
- Bring new ideas to light about how to expand the business.
- Flex and grow your role to support the needs of the business, and your own professional goals
Helpful Skills and Experience
- Previous sales experience with government or government-adjacent customers.
- Experience influencing decision makers to spend resources through value selling (you will perform a sales pitch as part of the application process).
- Willingness to work outside your comfort zone, tackling a wide range of tasks that come with an early stage startup.
- Effectively communicate concepts with technical and non-technical audiences across multiple formats.
- Write successful proposals in response to formal requests prospects and customers.
- Operate independently, yet be proactive about bringing challenges and questions to a larger group setting.
- Listen to prospect and customer identified pain with empathy, with an output of a solution that matches need.
- Comfort adapting in a quick-moving environment.
Compensation & Benefits
- Full On-Target-Earnings for the Growth Manager role at Ride Report is $160,000 with a 50/50 split of base / commission and a three month ramp. Ride Report provides the same base salary for every employee in this role. Learn why we don't negotiate our salaries.
- Generous equity incentives. We also offer new candidates the option to trade some salary for additional equity.
- Operate in the location of your choosing. There’s space available in the Ride Report office in Portland, or you can work in a remote office. See details on our practices and benefits for working remotely full-time in our handbook.
- Unlimited vacation and sick leave
- Competitive health insurance plans via Regence (Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Vision and dental plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts for both health care and dependent care (Employee-funded)
- A 401k program that matches 50% of employee contributions up to the 10% of their salary
- Yearly professional development stipend
- An eBike Enablement Benefit
- Unlimited snacks (HQ)
- Quarterly off-sites (HQ)
If you're not sure if this is the right fit for you, but you're interested, please apply! We're particularly interested in creating a diverse team with a broad set of skills and viewpoints. We carefully consider every applicant that takes the time to apply, and are interested in building relationships with people who might be the right fit for our team at some point in the future.
We believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. We welcome applications from women, people of color, and other groups that are underrepresented in tech and transportation.