Growth Development Manager
Portland, OR or Remote /
Based in Portland, Ride Report is a small software company accelerating the transition to a sustainable and efficient transportation system.
Over 50 cities around the world are using Ride Report to help manage the emergence of new and innovative forms of transportation – particularly shared micromobility, such as electric scooters and bikes. We've shown that with the right tools, cities can harness the power of micromobility to rapidly transform their transportation systems for the better.
Learn more about our mission and values in our open source handbook. If anything about our company resonates with you, we'd love to hear from you!
As a Growth Development Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Cultivating new leads
- Working closely with Marketing to discover and develop new leads
- Executing trial agreements with new customers
- Working closely with sales to follow up on promising leads with larger cities
- Owning deals with smaller cities end-to-end
Within one month, you will:
- Understand Ride Report, what we do and how we do it differently
- Begin tracking your tasks and activity in Hubspot
- Working with your manager, create your first sales lead
- Participate in your first sales call
Within 3 months, you will:
- Nurture SQLs and move them through the sales pipeline
- Master our pipeline process on Hubspot
- Create your 50th sales lead
- Lead your first sales call and driven a product demo
Within 6 months, you will:
- Own our outreach efforts to new cities
- Lead all initial sales calls and demoes with smaller cities
- Become an expert on demoing our tools and talking about our company
- Working with marketing, identify and execute on new opportunities to improve our lead generation strategy
- Identify and execute on ways to make our early sales process more efficient
Required Skills and Experience
- 1-2 years prior experience in a sales role
- Impeccable writing skills
- Attention to detail and consistent follow-through
- Skilled at active listening
- Not afraid to receive a "no"
- Can independently research and build an understanding of a lead
- Brings persistence and creativity to outreach efforts
- Capable of methodically reaching out to every lead
- Enjoys forging and maintaining new relationships
- Seeks to constantly learn and improve
- Experience using .ppt and google suite
- A passion for making cities better and greener
- Prior B2G selling experience
- Prior SaaS selling experience
- Prior transit experience
Compensation & Benefits
- The on target earnings for this role will be $120,000. Ride Report uses market data to transparently set the salary of every employee in a fair and standardized way. Learn why we don't negotiate our salaries and publish them instead. More experienced candidates may be considered for a senior position with a higher salary.
- Generous equity incentives. We also offer new candidates the option to trade some salary for additional equity.
- Unlimited vacation and sick leave
- Competitive health insurance plans via Regence (Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- A 401k program that matches 50% of employee contributions up to the 10% of their salary
- Vision and dental plans (Employee-funded)
- Flexible Spending Accounts for both health care and dependent care (Employee-funded)
- Yearly professional development stipend
- An eBike Enablement Benefit
We will begin reviewing applications for this posting the week of June 14th.
If you're not sure if this position is right for you, but you're interested, please apply! We do review every application, and are interested in building relationships with people who have a strong sense that Ride Report is a place where they feel like they could thrive.
We believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. We welcome applications from women, people of color, and other groups that are underrepresented in tech and transportation.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis; Ride Report will not sponsor applicants for work visas. As part of our security protocols, offers are contingent on completion of a background check. You can read more about how and why we use background checks in our Open Source Employee Guide.