Based in Portland, Ride Report is a small software company building tools to help cities make transportation more equitable, efficient and sustainable.
Ride Report believes cities are our future. One of the most powerful transformations will come when cities put the needs of people above the needs of vehicles. This simple shift in how we design and share the right of way will reshape the fabric of our cities, making them more equitable, sustainable and just a lot nicer to live in.
Technology has a role to play in this transformation, but we believe that cities must be the ones controlling it. Only cities are equipped to prioritize a system that maximizes public benefit by ensuring that every citizen, every need, and every perspective is considered. Like cities, we believe technology must balance individual needs with the collective. We believe systems work better when they're designed to serve everyone equitably. Cities may need to evolve, but the sanctity and leadership of city governments will ensure that evolution serves the larger public interest.
Ride Report began in 2015 with a simple set of tools that help cities use data to make planning decisions that are faster, smarter, and more responsive to road user's lived experiences. More recently, cities have used Ride Report to help manage the explosion in new transportation alternatives from electric bikes to scooters and everything in between.
More than twenty cities around the world use Ride Report's comprehensive toolset to manage their bike infrastructure and the fleets that use it. Whether it's deciding where the next bike lane is needed or what to do about that scooter stuck in a tree, cities use Ride Report's dashboard to make efficient, data-driven decisions in an ever-changing landscape. With your help, we'll give cities the data and tools they need to ensure we're building a better transportation system that works for everyone.
You’ll join a team that:
-Is small but planning ahead to grow quickly and gracefully.
-Values equity by sharing information transparently, seeking to include every perspective and balancing individual needs versus the collective.
-Practices delivering feedback in a direct, non-violent and strategic manner that fosters active collaboration and excellent work.
-Communicates often and anticipates changing priorities and requirements.
Learn more about our mission and values in our open source handbook. If it sounds like the right fit, we'd love to hear from you!
As our Office Administrator, you will...
- Learn our processes and practices inside and out; help refine and build them as we grow.
- Create an extraordinary employee and visitor experience in our Portland office.
- Jump in to help with a wide variety of company projects, both large and small, with incredible attention to detail.
- Direct company meetings and events, managing presentations, information, and other materials to ensure smooth operations.
- Help coordinate recruiting efforts including scheduling interviews, arranging candidate travel and keeping interview teams informed and prepared.
- Manage a general budget for office and administrative expenses.
- Collaborate with Ride Report teams and employees to foster team building, such as planning events and off-sites.
- Learn the ropes of a small and growing tech company, especially when it comes to operations and culture.
- Meet regularly with members of the leadership team, reporting directly to the CEO.
- Support our mission and align with our core beliefs.
- Propensity for multitasking, leveraging strong time management
- Impeccable followthrough on commitments, tasks, and communications
- Drive to take initiative in solving a wide variety of problems
- Love for details and efficiency in all things
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Base salary for this role at Ride Report is $48,000. Learn more about our benefits and why we don't negotiate our salaries.
We'll begin reviewing applications for this position on June 24th, 2019. Position is open until filled.
If you're not sure if this is the right fit for you, but you're interested, please apply! We're particularly interested in creating a diverse team with a broad set of skills and viewpoints. We carefully consider every applicant that takes the time to apply, and are interested in building relationships with people who might be the right fit for our team at some point in the future.
We believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. We welcome applications from women, people of color, and other groups that are underrepresented in tech and transportation.