Portland, OR or Remote
Based in Portland, Ride Report is a small software company accelerating the transition to a sustainable and efficient transportation system.
Over 50 cities around the world are using Ride Report to help manage the emergence of new and innovative forms of transportation – particularly shared micromobility such as electric scooters and bikes. We've shown that with the right tools, cities can harness the power of micromobility to rapidly transform their transportation systems for the better.
Learn more about our mission and values in our open source handbook. If it sounds like the right fit, we'd love to hear from you!
In the role of Growth Manager, you will:
- Own the sales process and strategy from lead generation through close for your territory's prospects and customers.
- Qualify inbound leads and convert to paying customers.
- Develop trusted relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders, and executive sponsors.
- Work closely with Customer Success and Marketing to expand our city and public agency pipeline and customer roster.
- Ensure the territory strategy aligns with the overall strategy and the longer-term needs of our customers.
Within one month:
- Familiarize yourself with our processes and how we work our funnel.
- Start to prioritize communication with your target customers against our company priorities.
- Begin territory goal setting.
Within three months:
- Present Ride Report's value proposition with confidence through the lens of our prospects' and customers' nuanced needs.
- Start to meet set KPIs for your territory.
Within six months:
- Be a subject matter expert on Ride Report and the market we work in.
- Bring new ideas to light about how to expand the business in your defined territory.
- Flex and grow your role to support the needs of the business, and your own professional goals
Helpful Skills and Experience
- Previous sales experience, specifically with the ability to pivot between inbound and outbound while pushing both to close. Government or government adjacent a plus!
- Experience influencing decision makers to spend resources by communicating value (you will perform a sales pitch as part of the application process).
- Willingness to work outside your comfort zone, tackling a wide range of tasks that come with an early stage startup.
- Effectively communicate concepts with technical and non-technical audiences across multiple formats.
- Write successful proposals in response to formal requests from prospects and customers.
- Ability to prioritize and project manage to get to the end goal.
- Operate independently, yet be proactive about bringing challenges and questions to a larger group setting.
- Segment prospects based on multiple factors and prioritize time accordingly.
- Empathize with prospect/customer-identified pain and output a solution that matches their need
- Comfort adapting in a quick-moving environment.
- Bilingual abilities are a plus!
Compensation & Benefits
- The on target earnings for this role will be $145,000. Ride Report uses market data to transparently set the salary of every employee in a fair and standardized way. Learn why we don't negotiate our salaries and publish them instead.
- Generous equity incentives. We also offer new candidates the option to trade some salary for additional equity.
- Operate in the location of your choosing. There’s space available in the Ride Report office in Portland, or you can work in a remote office. See details on our practices and benefits for working remotely full-time in our handbook.
- Unlimited vacation and sick leave
- Competitive health insurance plans via Regence (Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Vision and dental plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts for both health care and dependent care (Employee-funded)
- A 401k program that matches 50% of employee contributions up to the 10% of their salary
- Yearly professional development stipend
- An eBike Enablement Benefit
- Unlimited snacks (HQ)
- Quarterly off-sites (HQ)
This is a position based in Portland, Oregon OR in the location of your choosing. If you would like to live in Portland, Oregon, relocation assistance will be offered.
This job posting will stay open until March 31, 2020. We will begin reviewing applications at that time.
If you're not sure if this is the right fit for you, but you're interested, please apply! We're particularly interested in creating a diverse team with a broad set of skills and viewpoints. We carefully consider every applicant that takes the time to apply, and are interested in building relationships with people who might be the right fit for our team at some point in the future.
We believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. We welcome applications from women, people of color, and other groups that are underrepresented in tech and transportation.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis; Ride Report will not sponsor applicants for work visas. As part of our security protocols, offers are contingent on completion of a background check. You can read more about how and why we use background checks in our Open Source Employee Guide.