Sales Account Executive
Based in Portland, Ride Report is an eight-person software company building tools to help cities make transportation more equitable, efficient and sustainable.
Ride Report believes cities are our future. One of the most powerful transformations will come when cities put the needs of people above the needs of vehicles. This simple shift in how we design and share the right of way will reshape the fabric of our cities, making them more equitable, sustainable and just a lot nicer to live in.
Technology has a role to play in this transformation, but we believe that cities must be the ones controlling it. Only cities are equipped to prioritize a system that maximizes public benefit by ensuring that every citizen, every need, and every perspective is considered. Like cities, we believe technology must balance individual needs with the collective. We believe systems work better when they're designed to serve everyone equitably. Cities may need to evolve, but the sanctity and leadership of city governments will ensure that evolution serves the larger public interest.
Ride Report began in 2015 with a simple set of tools that help cities use data to make planning decisions that are faster, smarter, and more responsive to road user's lived experiences. More recently, cities have used Ride Report to help manage the explosion in new transportation alternatives from electric bikes to scooters and everything in between. More than twenty cities around the world use Ride Report's comprehensive toolset to manage their bike infrastructure and the fleets that use it. Whether it's deciding where the next bike lane is needed or what to do about that scooter stuck in a tree, cities use Ride Report's dashboard to make efficient, data-driven decisions in an ever-changing landscape. With your help, we'll give cities the data and tools they need to ensure we're building a better transportation system that works for everyone.
You’ll join a team that:
-Is small but planning ahead to grow quickly and gracefully.
-Values equity by sharing information transparently, seeking to include every perspective and balancing individual needs versus the collective.
-Practices delivering feedback in a direct, non-violent and strategic manner that fosters active collaboration and excellent work.
-Communicates often and anticipates changing priorities and requirements.
Learn more about our mission and values in our open source handbook. If it sounds like the right fit, we'd love to hear from you!
- Own and grow all aspects of the sales process and strategy: identify and qualify leads, provide technical demonstrations, close sales, transition new customers to success and product team.
- Respond to requests for qualifications/proposals/information.
- Contribute content for marketing materials.
- Expand our pipeline and customer roster extensively, necessitating expansion of a team you will lead in defining and managing.
- Collaborate closely with our customer success team.
- Operate in the location of your choosing. There’s space available in the Ride Report office in Portland, or you can work in a remote office. See details on our practices and benefits for working remotely full-time in our handbook.
- Support our mission and align with our core beliefs
- Travel up to 25%; domestic with possibility of limited international travel
What you'll help us build
- A sales program that emphasizes solutions for customers.
- A better understanding of our customers’ needs through an investigative approach to sales in a nascent marketplace.
- Website and marketing materials that speak to our customers’ needs.
- Company processes that help us move quickly and scale as we grow.
- A small company with an outsized impact making cities better.
- Maps, reporting tools and historical data visualizations that empower and radically simplify the workflow for city employees.
- A bold, consistent brand that portrays leadership, product excellence, and a deep understanding of the market.
- Ability to influence public agency staff and decision makers to spend resources on Ride Report’s software product and domain expertise because they will make their jobs better and easier. (You will perform a sales pitch as part of the application process.)
- Willingness to work outside your comfort zone, tackling a wide range of tasks that come with an early stage startup.
- Effectively communicate concepts with technical and non-technical audiences in multiple formats, with an emphasis on strong writing skills.
- Write successful proposals in response to formal requests from citiesOperate independently with an eye toward building practices and procedures that reduce inefficiency as the company and sales team grows.
- Possess superb organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Feel psyched to solve significant challenges and annoyances for city customers.
- Bonus (not mandatory): Experience selling technical tools to government, with extra points for city focused experience.
- Competitive base salary with potential for significant commissions in an emerging market that is growing by the day (seen any scooters in your city recently?). No cap on the upper end of commissions for new sales -- our success is yours. Ride Report provides the same base salary for every employee in this role. Learn why we don't negotiate our salaries.
- Generous equity incentives and ability to trade salary for equity.
- Unlimited vacation.
- Excellent health insurance plans.
- A 401k program that matches 50% of employee contributions up to 10% of their salary.
- A micromobility enablement benefit
We believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. We welcome applications from women, people of color, and other groups that are underrepresented in tech and transportation.